Should i BUY a better tablet? Need HELP to decide!!

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
I have 2 tablets a Android tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 and a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(i5 core) and got them in the last 5 months(since Christmas).

I am looking to buy a very high end Android tablet because my Galaxy Tab 2 7 is out of date and not very good compared to tablets like Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

I am very interested in the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 because all round better specs and a powerful CPU with 2GB of RAM, multi window feature, amazing display and the sceen size and more future proof.

I really want to buy it and have my Samsung Galaxy 2 7 as a back up just in case gets broken but my parents told me to sell my old galaxy tab 2 7 and after buy the new Galaxy tab pro 8.4(some internet users said the same thing) or otherwise have to wait a couple months and keep using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.

But this is DRIVING me MAD because i have been thinking about this in the last 2 weeks and really need you to HELP me to decide!
I think if i buy Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8,4 i think i be more happy going on it and enjoy it more than my Galaxy Tab 2 7.
It will be my last tablet for a very long time.

Got 2 options:

1. Sell my Galaxy tab 2 7 and after get Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8,4.

2. Wait a couple months, keep using my Galaxy tab 2 7 and get the new Sansung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

What should i do? What would you do? Please HELP me!

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I would absolutely go for the Sammy. You're right about the specs. The benefit of the Nexus is the lack of bloatware but it also lacks in other areas.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
[FONT=Conv_DagnyOffc]If I was buying a high-end Android tablet, my first choice would be the new Sony Xperia Z2. Last year’s Tablet Z saw some pretty robust sales around the globe. The waterproof and dustproof Z2 is packed with a 10.1-inch FHD (full high definition) TRILUMINOS display with Live Color LED. The tablet will be powered by the brand new Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset (2.3GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 330 graphics) and sport a hefty 3GB of RAM.[/FONT]
[FONT=Conv_DagnyOffc]When it comes to imaging, Sony has elected to use an 8.1 MP Exmor RS rear camera and 2.2 MP front camera. Battery life should be on par with last year’s Xperia Tablet Z, as Sony will use the same 6,000mAh battery. The Xperia Tablet Z2 will be available in both black and white at the end of this month.[/FONT]

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
[FONT=Conv_DagnyOffc]If I was buying a high-end Android tablet, my first choice would be the new Sony Xperia Z2. Last year’s Tablet Z saw some pretty robust sales around the globe. The waterproof and dustproof Z2 is packed with a 10.1-inch FHD (full high definition) TRILUMINOS display with Live Color LED. The tablet will be powered by the brand new Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset (2.3GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 330 graphics) and sport a hefty 3GB of RAM.[/FONT]
[FONT=Conv_DagnyOffc]When it comes to imaging, Sony has elected to use an 8.1 MP Exmor RS rear camera and 2.2 MP front camera. Battery life should be on par with last year’s Xperia Tablet Z, as Sony will use the same 6,000mAh battery. The Xperia Tablet Z2 will be available in both black and white at the end of this month.[/FONT]

Yes i have had a look at it on Youtube(reviews/unboxings) and the specs are great plus with 3GB of RAM and it is good that is water proof but i would never chance it getting it wet or dropping in the water just in case it breaks.. :)
Since it is a 10 inch tablet do you think Sony will release a 8 inch Xperia Z2?

I have the money(all most) to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 on Amazon.co.uk(£309.00) but my parents(mainly my mom) won't let me buy it because i just got 2 tablets in the last 5 months and they don't want me to spend all my money.

How to tell my parents that it will be my last tablet for a long time and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 is not very good for because of the 7 inch sceen is a bit too small/lack of RAM? by the way i have already tried this and it did not work and i don't really want to sell my Galaxy Tab 2 7 and after get Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 or wait about couple months to get the Tab Pro 8.4.

I like my Galaxy Tab 2 7 it is a good Android tablet but i would want a way better(high end)/future proof Android tablet(Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4).

Ideally i would want my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4(when i get it) to be my main Android tablet and have my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7 as a back up just in case it gets broken.

Any advice please?

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
FYI Chinese tablet maker Hisense made a little splash by launching the Sero 7 line of low-cost tablets with Nexus 7-like specs in 2013. Now the company’s tackling the 8 inch tablet space with the Hisense Sero 8. The new tablet’s already available for pre-order in the UK for about £90.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
A bargain is the LG Gpad 8.3 at Newegg. Last time I checked it was 229.00.

I bought mine at 249.00 and it is great tab, now upgraded to KitKat and rooted. Sweet!

There is also a Google Play Edition I think is 300 or so. It is the same tab ...just with the pure OS ...no LG overlay.

I wish you well.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Asus appears to be preparing to launch an 8 inch model which will likely cost about $209 and up.
A few retail listings have popped up, providing a few details about this upcoming tablet.
The Asus ME181 reportedly features an 8 inch IPS display, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and Android 4.4 KitKat. The tablet is powered by a quad-core Intel Atom Z3745 Bay Trail-T processor.
In other words, this is basically what you get if you take the Asus ME176 and give it a slightly larger display and twice as much storage for about $50 more.
The new tablet isn’t in stock at any stores, yet.