Should I Buy a Tablet?

sjc1017

Dec 3, 2013
I have traditionally used a PDA for note taking from books and while out-and-about and my current PDA has developed a slight fault with the touchscreen and I am thinking of replacing it with a tablet but I have a few questions. Would a tablet be good for note taking, could I just buy one and use it for that purpose with the software that comes pre-installed or would I have to make further purchases? With my PDAs my routine is to take the notes I need from books and while mobile and then just take the SD card out of the device and then transfer the writing to my laptop files (backed up on line). I notice some tablets don't have SD card slots, so how would I transfer data? My notes are seldom more than 1000 words, so these are very small amounts of data in a word format that I take very frequently. I assume I wouldn't need a very powerful tablet for this purpose but would a tablet be better for my little need to make mobile word files? I have never used a tablet but what attracts me is I could just poke the screen with my fingers instead of messing about with a stylus on those little icons on the small PDA screens. I have no other use whatsoever for mobile technology and don't even have a mobile phone since I prefer to be out-of-reach once i am out-and-about. Any opinions are welcome. And feel free to make any recommendations of tablets. I have been looking on ebay but people pay like £100 for tegra 2 devices so I figure I may as well go for the something with tegra 3 since these prices seem to have fallen recently.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi sjc, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi sjc1017, i suggest you the PiPO MAX M9 pro Quad Core Tablet PC, a very high quality and powerful functions tablet, can satisfy all your requirements, you can have a look !

Have a nice day !
spemall.com

arcone

Aug 27, 2012
I think there are a few tablets that are still very good, but have been out a while. Either the original Nexus 7 or the Kindle fire 7 inch can be had

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your decision.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
One new impressive series of Android tablets is the Ramos I-Series - powered with one of Intel's latest high performance processors and well priced... with an 8" model at $189, 9" ($249), 10" ($285), and 12" model ($299) -- all offering HD 1920x1200 IPS displays and long battery life. The Ramos build quality is impressive with a premium design on par with the sleek style of the iPad - with aluminum frame and crystal double plate glass. 3G HSPA+ editions are also available for slightly more...

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
" With my PDAs my routine is to take the notes I need from books and while mobile and then just take the SD card out of the device and then transfer the writing to my laptop files (backed up on line). I notice some tablets don't have SD card slots, so how would I transfer data? My notes are seldom more than 1000 words, so these are very small amounts of data in a word format that I take very frequently. I assume I wouldn't need a very powerful tablet for this purpose but would a tablet be better for my little need to make mobile word files? I have never used a tablet but what attracts me is I could just poke the screen with my fingers instead of messing about with a stylus on those little icons on the small PDA screens. "
I just e-mail my text files to myself from the tablet. Then I can use them in my word processor.