SHould I use the tablet connected to the AC adapter while I can?

maghoxfr

Mar 26, 2012
Hello,

I have a VIewpad 7e. I just wanted to know if it's better to use it with the AC adapter connected while I can or not. I don't know the circuitry to it, but maybe when it's connected it bypasses the battery and doesn't usse it at all. I never owned any mobile device (laptop, tablet that is) and I heard and read many different opinions on this.

If anyone has an idea, it's very welcome.

THanks

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Makes not difference at all. If you want to use it and don't mind it being attached then you can have full battery when you take it elsewhere. If you don't want to be constrained then unplug. Basically use it how you want you aren't gaining any advantage being tied to the wall all the time.

maghoxfr

Mar 26, 2012
I'll avoid it then. I thought it could have some benefit for the long run. THanks for the answer!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I read somewhere that if you want to keep your battery healthy,you should let it discharge completely at times,so I guess it's good to keep it of the charger until it needs to be charged again.

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I read somewhere that if you want to keep your battery healthy,you should let it discharge completely at times,so I guess it's good to keep it of the charger until it needs to be charged again.

Samsung Galaxy Note

This is only true of older style batteries not Lithium Ion batteries which is pretty much the only thing used in electronics these days. It is actually worse to discharge them all the way. The best policy is to recharge at the end of everyday, just like a cell phone where you drop it on the charger every night.

Yes there is a limit to how many times the battery can be recharged (cycles) but the life of the device is probably going to be less than the battery, meaning your tablet will be old slow and outdated (just like your phone) before the battery gives out on you under normal circumstances.