Show Gmail Count For Email in ICS

tyman00

Feb 11, 2012
I just picked up an Eee Transformer Prime and I am really liking it. This is my first tablet and, frankly, my first major experience with Android.

One minor item that has been driving me crazy trying to figure out is how to get my Gmail "new" emails to show up in the standard email count on the main screen just above the date on the stock layout. I'm not sure if this is an Asus thing or an ICS thing but I just can't figure out how to make Gmail my main email client.

Am I over thinking this and expecting it to do what it can't? Am I going to be required to show the new email count by setting up an IMAP connection to my Google Apps Mail?

Thanks ahead for any help, I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about this machine on this site.

fredgar

Feb 10, 2012
Just press and hold on the main screen and set a widget for gmail. You should also be able to goto settings in the stock email app and add gmail in with that app and make it your primary email.

tyman00

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks I didnt realize that count was from the Asus mail client. I just added the gmail widget.

fredgar

Feb 10, 2012
Glad you got it. Welcome to the world of android. Once you master one device they all seem familiar.