Sigord Newbe

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
I am over 80 and have never used a Tablet only Windows on PCs and Laptops and sometimes a Linux. I am hoping to buy a refurbished 7 in Asus Google Nexus.

I am baffled since such as Android Tablets have a touch screens and rely on drag and drop, they do not have any Copy and Paste functions. So how do we copy hundreds of MP3, JPG and video files from a flash drive to new folders. I do not want to have to keep going online to use Cloud or Drive storage each time to use such files. Is there a file manager like Explorer among the Google Apps please.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Android does have copy and paste both for text and for files. With a decent file manager like ES File Explorer, (an Android version of Explorer but there are others). the process is quite easy. Many of the tablets have microSD card slots for transferring files off internal storage or between computers and the tablet. You can do cut/copy/paste/delete with most of the file managers for Android but drag and drop isn't all that easy in the same way it is with Windows.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Sigord, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
Thanks guys. Actually I do not have a Tablet at present but thanks to all the help from you guys I feel sure I will buy below. I do not need a 10 in as I already has 3 0ld laptops such as scrounged from the local Yahoo Freecycle. All with faults of course and a new Toshiba. I am reluctant to rely on Cloud or Drive since my BT WiFi to the HUB or the BT FON hotspot is very risky.

Gordon

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Goog...ation-Black-/161649552631?hash=item25a3106cf7

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I would have thought you would pick one with a keyboard but there is noting wrong with the Nexus other than it would be very small for my old eyes.