Sim card for tablets

catchacold

Nov 8, 2010
Okay I searched and searched and couldnt find the answer to my question -

I saw a thread on using a tablet in the car - I would like to also do this, but, is it possible to insert a sim into a tablet for voice calls? Or tether a tablet with my driod cell phone and use the cell feature through my phone on the tablet?

TIA

Some tablets (Samsung Galaxy Tab comes to mind) has built in 3G/phone capabilities (and take a std SIM card).
Some tablets can be tethered to a phone (data connection), but not to utilize voice call capabilities.

Okay since there is not a tablet that fits my needs yet - This is what I have done.

I took some velcro (haha) and put my phone in a good spot next to my radio aux port. This way I can just mount my Droid to my car with ease. But, the cool thing is - I took a manget and mounted it under the velcro (on the car side) so when I attached my phone to the velcro the manget launches car mode. When I remove my phone car mode exits!!!

I guess this will do for now - has all the faetures I require. Except front facing camera and large screen.

Just thought this might help someone else.

I see the new Samsung Galaxy Tab comes with video chat, front facing camera. That's getting close.

Check out the Huawei S7 at Best Buy. Has 3G already, just need to install the SIM from your AT&T phone.

Back