Skype V2.0 Hacked Version; Now Works on More Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
skype-v2-hacked.jpg

Video-chat via Android smartphone became a reality yesterday for many folks running a few Gingerbread powered phones, thanks to Skype's newest version 2.0. Unfortunately, it only worked on a small few devices. Luckily, however, the amazing Android community of developers decided to do something about that. Thanks to the "mad skillz" of Android modder, 0mie, we can now use the video chat features of the new Skype on many more Gingerbread powered devices. Here's a list of the "currently known" usable devices, with the newest ones bolded:
  • Google Nexus S (but not the Nexus S 4G)
  • HTC Desire S
  • Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
  • Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro
  • HTC Thunderbolt (with Gingerbread only)
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • Samsung Galaxy S II
  • Motorola Droid Charge
As far as the reports say, this new hacked version should work on any Gingerbread powered device that also has a front-racing camera. We are witnessing the humble beginnings of true video-chat. Isn't digital technology incredible? ;)

Here's the download link if you want to try it out: AndroidPolice Download Mirror for Hacked Skype 2.0
Secondary Download link: Droid-Life Download Mirror for Hacked Skype 2.0

Source: Android.net via AndroidPolice and Droid-Life

bumpy

Sep 3, 2011
I had unhacked on my phone at one time, and when I discovered that I couldn't use the video, I uninstalled in. Now I cannot seem to install any version of Skype (Hacked or not).

The app starts installing, and then I get a message saying that I don't have enough space, and to make room. I have 779MB available on the phone and over 22GB available on the SD card. I have enough room.

Anybody know how I can do some simple bit reset so that I can reload Skype?

Thanks,
Lonnie