Skype?

mattttyd

Dec 26, 2010
Anyone having problems with skype? I just downloaded it and signed in and it just restarts the app. Any idea whats wrong? Coincedently i get sign in authentication errors on aim, and my username and pw are perfect. Maybe they have something to do with eachother.

tonam35

May 8, 2011
I've seen a lot about Skype for tablets (which I have got). It doesn't work (when you launch it momentarily shows the splash screen, and then dies). I contacted Skye support and they were quite clear that they have no software available which would allow Skype to access their system using a domestic wi-fi router. May happen but not specific about when.

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
I've seen a lot about Skype for tablets (which I have got). It doesn't work (when you launch it momentarily shows the splash screen, and then dies). I contacted Skye support and they were quite clear that they have no software available which would allow Skype to access their system using a domestic wi-fi router. May happen but not specific about when.

Works for me!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I opened a threat sharing a working skype for froyo 2.2, look for it, its called "working skype" and shows you the link to get it, it works for me, but it only works if you didnt uninstalled the phone apk and telephony apk on the tablet, also fring works too, aenr i can use those voip services on my sylvania tablet

Sent from my p7901a using Android Tablet Forum App

jonk

May 21, 2011
I have no problems with skype for android. No video though. Anyone heard when video will be available?

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
I am using the Acer Iconia A500. Just got it and loaded skype. I wanted to video confrence/call some one and it does not work for me. When I press the call button on the bottom left it crashes the system not just the app. If i use the chat feature is does not crash but I have not been able to connect to anyone with it. So from reading this I cannot use the tablet on wifi for call people and see them and them me? What app allows me to use the forward facing camera for call?

Last edited:

klaw

May 15, 2011
At the moment I don't think Skype video is supported for tablets (I certainly dont have the video call option on here) but I use Google Talk for forward facing video chat and it works fine. Certainly crashes less than skype anyway!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Hmmm.... i cant find a web cam on my sylvania tablet; and on mine it works just like a phone, but no video at the moment