Slow wifi internet on Super Pad V11 but laptop is fine using same router

monkeybrains

Oct 23, 2012
I received this the other day and while my laptop is fine, the tablet is very slow when using the internet - especially youtube.

I did a speed test and it gives the same speed as laptop, so guessing it's something to do with the hardware?

Also, I've read a bit on rooting and wondering if this would help? I understand that care needs to be taken when taking this route - no pun intended :D

Model number: BC1003
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version 1.5rc4
Kernal version 3.0.8

• 10.2-inch TFT LCD resistance touch screen
• 1024 x 600 pixels display resolution
• Android 4.0 operating system
• CPU: Cortex A8 1GHz
• RAM: DDR2 512MB
• WiFi: 54Mbps 802.11B/G
• Built-in Micro-SD card slot up to 32GB
• Built-in G-Sensor
• Supports external 3G devices.
• Built-in 1.3 megapixels digital camera
• Built-in 8GB memory
• Plays AVI,RM/ RMVB,FLV,MPG4 - 1,MPEG – 2 video format files
• Plays MP3,WMA,AAC,AC3,WAV audio format files
• Picture browsing of JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG,TIFF format files
• Built-in 7000mAh Li-poly battery
• 3.5mm earphone socket
• 1 x USB ports
. 1x HDMI port
. 2 X 1 Watt speakers

• Android keyboard and Google keyboard input
• Multi-language support
. Battery Life: 6-8 Hours

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Rooting is not going to get you any YouTube boost or any other WiFi performance enhancement. You could see if changing the channel on your router helps but as you said the raw throughput appears the same as your laptop. I would look at any active widgets you may have running, like weather or any active wallpaper or things that may be affecting performance in the background. It may be necessary to uninstall something. Rooting to stop stock apps from running won't likely help but uninstalling and apps you previously installed may.

It is also possible, without rooting, to stop some of the other apps from running. You would need to go to the app manager to find out.

monkeybrains

Oct 23, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Rooting is not going to get you any YouTube boost or any other WiFi performance enhancement. You could see if changing the channel on your router helps but as you said the raw throughput appears the same as your laptop. I would look at any active widgets you may have running, like weather or any active wallpaper or things that may be affecting performance in the background. It may be necessary to uninstall something. Rooting to stop stock apps from running won't likely help but uninstalling and apps you previously installed may.

It is also possible, without rooting, to stop some of the other apps from running. You would need to go to the app manager to find out.

Thanks for your reply.

I stopped all running applications and uninstalled Appriva Privacy but still no joy.

Would a different browser be worth trying?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for your reply.

I stopped all running applications and uninstalled Appriva Privacy but still no joy.

Would a different browser be worth trying?

ABSOLUTELY! Did I say that loud enough?;) Try Dolphin Browser, Opera Mobile or Flash Browser to see if they help.