so are all of you using CM7, and if so should I move up from Autonooter..?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Chicken that I am I like what I have but of coures we all want MORE.

So my first question... .. other than Flash what else will it offer that I don't currently have with autonooter ?

I just bought another 4g card so I can do it. but have been dragging my feet as i am just concerned I don't understand or can confirm I have my system backed up. I have clockwork on the NC and have run it.. Do I need to export the info to another location or does just running it enough ?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
CM7 brings a host of improvements like bluetooth and tablet style soft keys as well as a setcpu type funtion with built in overclock of 925MHz. So there is quite a bit. You can ry it out on bootable sd here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html. It is what I have been running with great success and stability. then if you want regular autonooter and B&N functions you can pop out the sd card and boot like regular.

To confirm you have a CWR backup all you have to do is check the SD card files. In Rico's tutorial he tells you the CWR files to look for and the backups will be named with the date of the backup. Just running the CWR back up is enough but to be sure you don't have any issues I suggest you make a copy of the backup folder on your PC as well. That way if anything happens to the card or you need to format it you still have the backup files on your pc.

Let us know if you need anything else.

JP

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I've been using CM7 for weeks, and really like it. I am very impressed with video performance on it.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I've been on CM7 for a few weeks now too. I don't think ill switch to another rom until there is a stable HC build.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

BoloMKXXVIII

Jul 27, 2010
I have been running CM7 from a microSD card and honestly I think I will go back to 1.1.0 Nothing wrong with CM7. Maybe I am just used to the stock/rooted version. It does what I want so I am happy. When a full and stable version of Honeycomb is available I will give it a spin. Don't worry about what others a re doing. Do what is right for you. If you want to try CM7 try it on the SD card first before you decide on a more permanent upgrade.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
here's a vote for CM7 - i have the stable version with nightly 41 along with a 1.3GHz OC (Quadrant 2500) - it is really snappy and zippy - excellent video playback, bluetooth support, soft keys,tablet tweaks - having these apps - TVSHowStream, MegaViewer Pro, PlayOn - really enhances the use as it allows me access a wealth of video content from Netflix, my home media, and TV shows and movies from anywhere i can get wifi - and yes ican still rad my nook and kindle books

so unless you are hooked on the Nook magazine/read aloud - you really stand to gain much more with CM7