[SOLVED] IRULU eXpro X1S - Can't Get Out Of Reboot

Hadesrso

Apr 17, 2017
Hello,

I am the happy dad of 3 children, and one of my girls received a year ago an IRULU eXpro X1S tablet.
She came back from holidays, and the tablet is stuck. The tablet starts as usual, then a pop up comes with the following message (have it in french, tryed to translate):

"Starting Android - Application optimisation 1 on 68"

The system goes to all the numbers till 68, then the system reboot again and the same process start in cycle, starting at "Starting Android - Application optimisation 20 on 68" (don't ask me why 20...)
There is no way to stop it.

I tryed the power+volume up trick, stayed like 20 seconds pressed and the tablet just start booting but I do not have the boot options to perform a reset.

There is no reset hard button on this model.

So I guess the best would be to connect the tablet to a computer and perform a reset, but never tryed so no idea how to proceed.

The tablet is 100% charged of course.

Thanks in advance for all the help you can give !

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You'll need to enter the device's recovery mode. From there you should be able to perform a factory reset. We have a thread with general tips on getting into the recovery. Usually it requires power + and volume down to get there.

Hadesrso

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks for the answer, but that's what I already tryed: Power+volume up, or Power+volume down doesn't work. And as there are no other buttons, I do not know how to fix it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The device has to come with a recovery of some sort. Like I said previously, you'll need to research how to get into it, because the recovery has a menu option for factory resetting the tablet. As it stands right now, unless you can get into the recovery the tablet is toast.

Hadesrso

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks Traveller. Will continue my search and I hope to find the recovery mode before using the hammer :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks Traveller. Will continue my search and I hope to find the recovery mode before using the hammer :)

First try turning the tablet completely off for a minute and then turning it back on. (Hold the power button in until you get a shutdown message and select shutdown.)

Factory reset: How Do I "Factory Reset" My Tablet?

If there are no instructions there specifically for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying.

Hadesrso

Apr 17, 2017
Back with some good news. Finally eached that damn reset menu by pressing Power + Volume Down smth like 6-8 seconds. More doesn't work...
Thanks for helping