[Solved] Opening PDFs within browsers

Womble67

Mar 31, 2014
Hi, just starting to use my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) and have spent a while trying to sort something without any success.

Issue is if I access links to PDF files from the browser the default action is to download them. I then have to go & open them in Adobe PDF reader. Not the end of the world but I use one site that has a lot of these links and it is becoming a pain. Any idea if I can change the action to 'open in another tab' or similar and how I do it?

The site I'm using doesn't take the click as a start download instruction on any other platform/browser I've use so I'm guessing it is a tablet config.

Thanks
Colin

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Boat Browser has a pop up for Play Store links. It gives you the option to open the link in the browser or the Play Store. So it's definitely possible to open a link in another app. However, you would have to look at Boat's professional options and see if such an option is available.

Other browsers like Opera may also support this, but I couldn't tell you as I don't use Opera on my tablet or smartphone.

Womble67

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks to you both for the replies. I have installed both boat browser and dolphin browser (with pdf add on). They give more control as they allow location of download to be selected but neither seems to allow pdf files to be opened within a browser. Any Ideas? ?