[Solved] tablet not recognising usb storage devices - camera & android phone

thermalnermal

Oct 8, 2012
hi

i can't seem to find an answer to my specific problem anywhere.

i am trying to get my a1cs fusion 5 running 4.0 to recognise external usb storage devices - htc desire android phone and nikon coolpix s8200. i get an error message "sd card is damaged". they are not damaged my computer can read them . my computer can also read the tablet via usb.

is it just me? is there something simple i can do to fix this? or is the tablet faulty?

tablet has 2 micro usb ports - one is usbhost.

very grateful for any help available

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If it was me, I would try something a little more standard like a flash drive or an NTFS formatted hard disk to rule out the tablet as being the problem. It could be the file system on both devices that has your tablet confused. If a flash drive doesn't work you could at least try a restart of the tablet but I'm not certain that would help.

thermalnermal

Oct 8, 2012
I tried a standard flash drive. It mounts and reads it no problem. Is there something I can do to make it recognise the other devices. They are not faulty - the computer can see them.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I tried a standard flash drive. It mounts and reads it no problem. Is there something I can do to make it recognise the other devices. They are not faulty - the computer can see them.

My guess is that the format of the other devices is not being recognized. Android will see NTFS and FAT32 and with some versions exFAT. Your computer may be able to recognize additional formats.

The only thing I could suggest is reformatting the cards to see if the other devices can still see them but that's a tuff call.

thermalnermal

Oct 8, 2012
Solved!

In the end I took the sd card out of the camera and mounted it with an external sd card reader. The android could read it with no trouble. Simples!