Some doubts

gatti

Sep 28, 2010
Hello, this is my first message, I am from Argentina so sorry for my not perfect english

I am going to buy this tablet but i know to buy what version I should buy? I read that there is one which is generic and another one that it is oem or something like that
Should i buy this one Generic (black button) 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera (VIA WM8505 ARM926) Flytouch (Silver button plus it shows the words Flytouch) 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera (VIA WM8505 ARM926)

Another question, which is the last version of android for this tablet? flash works on it ?'

THanks

Both of them. Which to get? Get the Flytouch model which is OEM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I would not get any of those. They all run Android 1.6 which is quite old (newest is 2.2 but most newish tablets run 2.1). Also you need 2.2 for flash. I would look at the archros tablets. They have new 7 and 10 inch tablets coming out soon. Google them and see if it is what you need.

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010
Actually not only do you need Android 2.2 for flash, you ALSO need at LEAST a Cortex-A8 based SoC, so pretty much only witstech A81-E(slow flash perf, flakey fw, poor video playback, etc.) or Archos(43/70/101 not shipping yet) ATM. i.e. so for flash you're going to have to wait a bit...

The Via WM8505 based tablets aren't very good even though they are cheap, nor are the Rockchip RK2808 based tablets(stuck with Android 1.5)...

if you can skip flash, look at some of the Telechips TCC89XX based tablets mostly shipping w/Android 2.1 ATM w/a HEAVILY rumored Android 2.2 update in the works, but don't expect flash. Video playback on the TCC89XX based tablets is phenomenal! Nothing beats them at video ATM. Price is reasonable, but not nearly as cheap as the RK2802/WM8505 tablets.

Still if you CAN wait, I'd wait a bit longer and see if the new Archos tablets push some of the prices down, or if you can afford one of the other newer tablets set to come out later... also Archos is the ONLY one ATM to actually have working hw 3D acceleration in Android(PowerVR 540 in their new ones IIRC). NONE of the TCC89XX or s3c6410 based units(have Mali-200 GPU) have working hw 3D accel, they all fall back to sw rendering...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You all would be surprise how well these tablets can perform after they're rooted, running my selection of Mega PowerTools, tweaks and OC the CPU as right now currently 350MHz. Work is being push it to 450MHz. Mine is 350MHz, I'll be doing a hands-on video review on current Rooted and tweaks to show you how well it working with longer battery life. Still for what it's worth not bad for being a cheap but effective MID (mobile internet device).

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Actually the Gome FlyTouch is quite a snappy device, works like Tipstir says very well with modded firmware.

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
I totally agree, flytouch is most you can get for that money and much better than I expected! ;-)

Sent from my xFlytouch using Android Tablet Forum App