some help, so i can make some custom ROMs

woodyman

Jan 21, 2011
First just want to say hey, and some of you may or may not know me from DroidForums.net or other Droid/Android based web forums, I am a custom ROM Developer for the Droid and decided to purchase a cheap tablet to see what i could do.. lol.. so heres simply what i have as best as i can describe it..

If anyone has one of these and knows how to access the recovery menu, or if anyone has any idea how to root this device or anything about it, please let me know here, i'd love to develop some great stuff and bring the DC name to the tablet world, and to help everyone else who has this same tablet and wants more out of it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Box simply says "MID"

in "About Device" in settings app this is what i see..

Model Number
Generic

Firmware Version

Kernel Version
2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty

Build Number
WMT2.1.2_88

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some specs

System Memory: Spec 256MB Memory
Storage Device Type: Nand Flash
Capacity: 2GB
Camera: Pixel 1.3Mega
Built-in Stereo speakers
Built-in Microphone
LAN: External Fast 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Adapter
WLAN: Built-in 802.11b/g WLAN
1 x TF Card Slot
I/O PORT
2 x USB2.0
1 x Headphone
Built in G-Sensor Gravity Inducer, Auto Horizontal Screen
AC Power Adaptor: 100V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A
Battery Pack: Built in 2400 mAh Batteries
Dimension: 19.9 x 12.8 x 0.8-1.4cm
Languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian , Lithuanian, Norwegian, Poland, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified)
Software: Youtube, Calendar, Google Map, Multimedia Player, Email, Es File Explore, Application Store(More than 25000 applications)
Package Included:

1 x ePad
1 x AC Adapter
1 x USB Dock 2x USB ports and RJ45 Ethernet Connector
1 x User's Manual
1 x Packing Box

-----------------------------------------------------------------

if you want to see some of my stuff you can click on any or all of the links below..

Droid Concepts - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
https://sites.google.com/site/teamdroidconcepts/
Droid Concepts - Portal

DylnCox

Jan 22, 2011
I also have this tablet. Except I think someone did some tinkering with this before they shipped it because my specs are:

Firmware Ver.: Android2.0
Build Number: WMPT2.0

but the others are the same as yours.

I don't know if checking in the "Legal Information" could give you some research help. You could research the names in there to see what you could find.

But definitely let me know if you ever get something put together, or if you'd like some help putting together a hack/firmware for this unit. I'd love to help. Although I'm not very experienced in this field, I'd gladly help you out :)