sorry no honeycomb...ever

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I meant just from an "official" standpoint. I'll never put something past the Dev community. They have amazed me before and at some point perhaps I will be lucky enough to benefit again. I am awaiting my gtab in the hopes that the community and number of units sold will keep some exciting things happening on it.
You know, I took your comment out of context and bent it to suit my needs. :) I hope I didn't bend too hard.

But I'm glad to see we're equally optimistic about it happening, one way or another! By the way, have you played with Honeycomb yet? It is light years beyond Froyo...even the bare-bones AOSP version on the Nook got my heart beating faster. Better desktop, better transitions, better widgets, better configuration menus. Just plain awesome.

-Matt

Morgue

Apr 1, 2011
You know, I took your comment out of context and bent it to suit my needs. :) I hope I didn't bend too hard.

But I'm glad to see we're equally optimistic about it happening, one way or another! By the way, have you played with Honeycomb yet? It is light years beyond Froyo...even the bare-bones AOSP version on the Nook got my heart beating faster. Better desktop, better transitions, better widgets, better configuration menus. Just plain awesome.

-Matt

Looks like our faith and optimism is gonna go for another round. Excited to see what turns up from the latest update, and what happens from here on out. I am holding out on playing with Honeycomb until I at least have a justification to buy another piece of hardware that it runs well with certainty (OK, OK, OK I will crack in about two weeks and try some build for it on the tab or my phone). Gadgets seem to be my Achilles heel....

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Looks like our faith and optimism is gonna go for another round. Excited to see what turns up from the latest update, and what happens from here on out. I am holding out on playing with Honeycomb until I at least have a justification to buy another piece of hardware that it runs well with certainty (OK, OK, OK I will crack in about two weeks and try some build for it on the tab or my phone). Gadgets seem to be my Achilles heel....
You know the Asus TF101 Transformer is coming in about 2 weeks...$400...Tegra 2...beautiful screen...Honeycomb... ;) LOL

-Matt

dansargeant

Apr 17, 2011
I have been hoping that a honeycomb ROM would surface. I was playing with a Xoom at Future Shop. The Gmail app was awesome.

Someone has released Honeycomb apps on the Nook. Will these apk's work on the GTab?

Holding my Breath for Honeycomb

Last edited: