Sound problem with nookcolor

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
The 950mhz kernel has fixed the sound problem I was having with snesoid too. I will see if it fixes other sound problem and report back.

sent from my rooted nook color

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Stelv! I'm interested on your report!, if this fixes the issue will be better for me, as I'm from Mexico I'll save all the problem to travel again to US and try to get another one....

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Just in case that this don't fix the problem can someone tell me the procedure to unroot the NC? Thanks!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
And it is easy to rollback the changes? I mean to go back to the original Kernel? just in case that don't work and I need to return the NC to B&N. Thanks!

Yes I believe so. Rico has included the stock kernel in the write up and guides you through making a backup. Clockwork recovery, rom manager, backups and kernels can be kind of intensive to learn the first time around, but once you learn it is pretty easy. If you are not sure about any of the steps I would hold off for now. There is a way to return the Nook Color to stock but we can help you with that if the time comes.

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Stelv! sorry for bother you, do you have any news about this? ... in the other hand, I just called to B&N to check again this issue, the person told me that my NC was still under warranty for exchange, so he told me that he needs a minute to double check with his manager, but when he returned he told me that there is a new version 1.1.0 it suppose that this one will fix issues like this he recommended to me update to this version first and if this does not fix the issue then I need to call them back in order to get the replacement. Now my doubt is if I need to unroot my NC before update it, or can be updated directly. If I need to unroot, what is the procedure? Thanks!

Jos

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So far the 950 kernel has fixed my issues with sound. If you update to 1.1 you will loose root and have to re-root. I am skipping this update since I am not having the issue anymore with sound and the update does not have many added improvements from what I can see. There are some options below you may want to try...

- Option 1:Install Clockwork, make a backup, and try a new kernel. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html

- Option 2: If you are rooted with Clockwork Recovery you will have follow these instructions to update to 1.1 (please note is says use at your own risk) http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-update-if-using-clockworkmod-recovery.html.

- Option 3: Unroot your device and bring it back to B&N for a replacement. I am not sure if sound problem is software or hardware related. If the new kernel doesn't work and you are still having problems with sound, this may be a good option.

If you have any questions about these processes just as us for help.

*edited original text

Last edited:

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
So far the 950 kernel has fixed my issues with sound. If you update to 1.1 you will loose root and have to re-root. I am skipping this update since I am not having the issue anymore with sound and the update does not have many added improvements from what I can see. There are some options below you may want to try...

- Option 1:Install Clockwork, make a backup, and try a new kernel. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html

- Option 2: If you are rooted with Clockwork Recovery you will have follow these instructions to update to 1.1 (please note is says use at your own risk) http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-update-if-using-clockworkmod-recovery.html.

- Option 3: Unroot your device and bring it back to B&N for a replacement. I am not sure if sound problem is software or hardware related. If the new kernel doesn't work and you are still having problems with sound, this may be a good option.

If you have any questions about these processes just as us for help.

*edited original text

So if I rooted with autonooter, I can just copy the 1.1.0 version to the root of the NC and update? no need to unroot first? (loose the root doesn't bother me at this moment, as I don't have applications installed yet).

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Here is something Rico wrote up in another thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/7061-v-1-1-0-wont-install-rooted-nc-2.html:

"If you do not have CWR (clockwork) installed, you should be about to get the update over the air through your wifi or manually install the update using instructions from link above or from b&n: Software Updates - Barnes*&*Noble
see "Get Version 1.1.0 Today" section"

I think we should move over to that thread because I need to ask some questions myself.

I'll check that tread; and Thanks for your support! :)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
No problem. I believe you can just update to 1.1, and lose root and then re root from there like you did before. I would wait to see what the answer to the question I asked in the other thread is first.

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Steve, thanks a lot for the advice of install the screamer kernel on my wife's NC, it seems that this solved the problem of no sound after sleep :) Anyway I'll continue testing.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Steve, thanks a lot for the advice of install the screamer kernel on my wife's NC, it seems that this solved the problem of no sound after sleep :) Anyway I'll continue testing.

Glad to help : )

Sent from my Droid