Spotify went into offline mode??

dianehelen

Oct 8, 2011
I installed Spotify on my Acer Iconia A500 last week, it worked fine.
As of today, I cant play any music, as it says I am in offline mode and I cant for the life of me, find anyplace to change that?
HELP!!!! Please..
Thanks
Diane

dianehelen

Oct 8, 2011
YA pretty creepy, annoying, and not helpful. Guess it takes all kinds, and a public forum allows anyone with any mentality from 2-100 to post, so its just something ya gotta put up with and move past..

So.....

Anyone else having this issue?

and just FYI, of course I searched google and many other sources first.. All were of no help whatsoever.
I cleared all data, uninstalled, re downloaded, reinstalled, same issue..

so Icebike , you may be excused from the room, if you cant help, go someplace else to annoy..

rjungers

Dec 20, 2011
You need spotify premium to use spotify on a mobile device. You got a free 2 day trial when you downloaded the app. Your tablet uses android (obvioiusly), that is a "mobile" operating system.

filipovic_d

Dec 25, 2011
I bought the samsung galaxy tab and i have the same problem. It worked well the first few days, but then startet to shift between going on and offline.. i think that this is just spmething wrong with the update, so just wait patiently!! Or if you fix it, let me know!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

jdub922

Dec 25, 2011
As rjungers said earlier, if you did not purchase the premium version you have a 48 hour TRIAL VERSION. If you want it to work again, you are going to have to pay for it. Or just download Pandora.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum, and ROLL TIDE.

Pargadox

Jan 4, 2012
I have the same problem on my TF101 (eeepad transformer)

It says im in offline mode and sometimes jumps back and forth from online to offline all the frickin time...

(spotify premium user)

snoshark

Nov 19, 2011
I have the same problem... Sent an email to Spotify support... This is what they said.... (Acer Iconia A500)

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Spotify! Your device, and indeed every Honeycomb device aren't actually supported by Spotify.

However, I have something for you to try;

Please can you change your password by logging into www.spotify.com, heading to ‘edit profile’ and then change your password on this screen. If you then log out of the website and try logging back in with this new password.

Once this has been done if you can then attempt to log back into your Android device with your username ************ to log in and not your email address. If you are already logged in, please log out and then log back in (More -> log out).

Hopefully this will resolve the issue that you’ve been having.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Tyler

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I hope it works, if it doesn't work on my tab, I'm going to get rid of Spotify.

Munsoned

Mar 6, 2012
I've had this same issue. When I first installed Spotify it worked great for a few months. Then, after a few OS revisions it wants to jump in and out of ONLINE/OFFLINE access; pretty much instantly until I put it into OFFLINE MODE. This ticked me off, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. This remedied the situation until I downloaded a few playlists for offline use. Then, it was back to ONLINE/OFFLINE glitch. So, I uninstall and reinstalled and have not downloaded any playlists. I haven't had a problem since, but this means I can't listen to anything offline, off a WiFi connection.

My opinion is that it has something to do with Spotify and the current OS revision.

I have walked away from this issue currently until I fix my issues with my Samsung Captivate and all the OS issues I've been having since I've installed the "approved" Gingerbread OS on my cell. Looking into rooting and flashing a new OS to that. Once I do that and discover all my glitches are gone there I will tackle my tablet.

Just not enough hours in the day to play.​

revmlt54

Mar 15, 2012
Snoshark - So did you try it and did it work? I've been struggling with this for a month and am very frustrated. Asus transformer epad...

Mar 18, 2012
Snoshark - So did you try it and did it work? I've been struggling with this for a month and am very frustrated. Asus transformer epad...

I´ve got both an Asus Transformer and an Asus Transformer Prime. It would seem that for some reason, the newer Androids (3.0 and above) cannot store playlists offline due to a bug of some sort. It`s a real shame and I`ve been hunting the Spotify support forums for an answer since last year but nothing has come up.

If anyone finds a proper workaround for this or hears something, please let us know.

royse

Apr 12, 2012
thanks for sharing this -- I've had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab and mobile phone .. when I deactivated the "social music" feature to share songs on FB, both went into offline mode. So I did reset my password, logged in and voila -- both are synching now and back online again :)

However, I have something for you to try;

Please can you change your password by logging into www.spotify.com, heading to ‘edit profile’ and then change your password on this screen. If you then log out of the website and try logging back in with this new password.

Once this has been done if you can then attempt to log back into your Android device with your username ************ to log in and not your email address. If you are already logged in, please log out and then log back in (More -> log out).

Hopefully this will resolve the issue that you’ve been having.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Tyler

snoshark

Nov 19, 2011
@revmlt54 - worked a few times, then started doing it again. :/

Grrrr.... Now I have ICS on my Acer Iconia and I STILL have the online / offline problem. What the F does Spotify even support!?!? Officially it doesn't work with my Captivate or my Android tab. Just sent another email to Spotify about upgrades to the app - I've noticed that the Spotify app NEVER updates.

If it isn't going to get fixed, I'm jumping off the Spotify ship real quick.