Newbie here here and to android tablets...need help deciding what to do

silviasilvia

Nov 24, 2011
I bought the Lenovo Ideapad A1(16 GB) for $199 last week. The main reason I bought it was for the offline GPS Navdroyd. I need it for traveling to Europe and Austrailia. My other main purpose is for netflix, internet and checking emails. I may possibly play games but don't know how to play computer games (yep, that is true)

Today I snatched the Acer Iconia A1 (8gb) for $189 from Best buy.

Should I keep the lenovo and cancel the Acer or should I return the lenovo for $30 restocking fee and wait for delivery of the Acer?

So if I end up paying restocking fee, it would be like paying $219 for the Acer Iconia A1 as opposed to $189.

Which would be better and why? Acer for $219 or Lenovo for $199

I really would like the offline GPS. It doesn't seem like Acer has offline GPS

Thanks so much.

jerry_L

Sep 9, 2011
Since you've got the Lenovo Pad, and you love the offline GPS on the device, so, why not to keep it? think about what's your needs.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I agree with Jerry, it sounds like you want to keep the Lenovo. It was your first choice.:rolleyes:

silviasilvia

Nov 24, 2011
I won't have to pay the restocking fee of $30 thanks to the AMEX Platinum card....so what is a better tablet?

Lenovo Ideapad A1 ($199) or the Acer Iconia A100 ($189)

I read that I can pay for Navdroyd which is the gps in the lenovo. Can anyone confirm?

Spider- It was my first choice because I only wanted an inexpensive 7 inch tablet under $200 and Lenovo fits the bill....The Acer Iconia A100 goes for $299 at Amazon.