Sprint Gingerbread update

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
I have attempted to update my tab to 2.3.4 numerous times with no success. I have a rooted Sprint tab with 3g running 2.2.1 - Everytime I try, it gets a third of the way then the triangle comes up with the ! And it stops. I tried unrooting, then rerooting but it still won't update. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Are you attempting to install the Sprint official update (EF17) or a third party 2.3.4 ROM? Not clear from your last sentence if you are saying you root then untroot then try the update. I think you have to be unrooted to install then you attempt to root following the install (may need to use a new rooting method after update).

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
I have been attempting the official sprint update. Its been pushed a few times and each time it wont install. After that I tried unrooting and then tried again...to no avail. I also used a downloaded version of the official update I put on a micro sd card , still wouldn't work. I have since rerooted and tried again...same result.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I have since rerooted and tried again...same result.

This statement indicates to me that you are attempting to install the update while rooted. Don't think you can do that. You need to be unrooted to install the update. Are you unrooted when you attempt the install?

Last edited:

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
Yes...i have tried to update multiple times both while rooted and not rooted.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Yes...i have tried to update multiple times both while rooted and not rooted.

There are some threads at Android Central that discuss updating rooted Sprint tabs to GB, maybe that can point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SPH-P100

Last edited: