Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab Battery Life Issue

toddpedersen

Dec 9, 2010
I have charged and discharged my new SGT at least a half dozen times. There was one instance where I had it off for 4 or 5 days and the battery did drain down completely, hopefully I didn't mess up the battery.

This leads me to my issue. I can fully charge it, turn it off completely and after 2 or 3 days, when I power it back on, the battery is close to only half full.

This seems very odd to me, and I was hoping someone had a quick answer as to why.

I run it in flight mode because I only use it via wi-fi, that means it has never been activated with a data plan. By putting it in flight mode I stopped the annoying messaging telling me to activate it. I also ensure I turn off wi-fi before powering it down.

The only thing I can think of is that even with it off, somehow because it was never activated, could it be possible that somehow it is processing something still? Almost sounds impossible, but I have never experienced this with any of my Android phones.

Any thoughts?

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Maybe you have a bad battery. I have an HTC Hero from Sprint and when I am roaming or in areas where the coverage is spotty, my battery gets drained quickly, almost completely in about two hours. Otherwise the phone can go all day on a charge. You shouldn't have a problem if its in airplane mode though. Might just be a bad battery it happens sometimes.

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Look under about device, batter info and see what's using your battery the most. It should be your display if its "standby" the your radio is the problem

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

cnjcnj

Aug 5, 2011
I am having problems with my Galaxy Tablet battery after 4 months use. Even after giving the Tablet a fully charge it only lasts for 30 minutes when browsing the net via wifi. Samsung told me to reset back to factory settings which I did but the problem is still there. I have seen others complaining about the Galaxy Tablet battery life so I suggest you log a complaint with Samsung as well.