Step-by-Step HOW TO upgrade from 2.1 -> 2.2 Froyo, WITH Google Market for 2.2

Daisy

Jan 2, 2011
I've been trying to set up AppMarket on my Archos 101. I would really appreciate it if someone could take the time to walk me through this. Here's where things stand:

I've updated the firmware . . . and downloaded the gapp4archos. The gapp4archos icon is visible on my application page. When I click on "Install Google Applications" I get a message saying "In order to save storage space, this application will be replaced by an un-installer only. After completion, please reboot your device." Then it goes on to give me the "Install" option. When I click on it, I get a "Sorry" message saying: "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" I then hit the "Force Close" option and it says "Application installed." . . . and I click on "Open"

A screen then appears saying "Remove Google Application" I did NOT click on the option. Instead, I turned off the Archos 101 and turned it back on. When I turn it back on, I do not see AppMarket.

What am I doing wrong??

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Doc

Dec 20, 2010
Hi Daisy,Hope this vedio will help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pstjmack

Jan 23, 2011
Is all of this still current? I did the online firmware update with the A letter on my Archos 70, and the machine now says it's "Android version 2.1.3 (Android 2.2.1)". Didn't have any problem with the download pausing before 100%. No sign of the Android Market though. Also, I'm not clear from the link on which file for the gAppsInstaller to download. Is it the apk? Help appreciated!

CyberPitz

Feb 14, 2011
Hey Gang

Just got my Archos 101, and I do a check and it's 2.2.1. Great. I download and install gapps and apps.zip, install both. I go to sign into my gmail account. I get a "Failed to get reliable connection to Google Servers". I've done the "Reset Android", "Reset Media Storage" and "Full Reinitialization" and keep coming to the same problem. I have no idea what to do....

Edit: to note this worked once the first time. I formatted for fun...here we are.

Last edited:

CrunchyDoodle

Feb 16, 2011
I believe the google servers were broken for a few days. I had reformatted my funky old Zenithink tablet with their Android 2.2 and could not for get past that error you got for two days. This morning, I tried again and it worked in a few seconds. :)

Bye. :cool:

Hey Gang

Just got my Archos 101, and I do a check and it's 2.2.1. Great. I download and install gapps and apps.zip, install both. I go to sign into my gmail account. I get a "Failed to get reliable connection to Google Servers". I've done the "Reset Android", "Reset Media Storage" and "Full Reinitialization" and keep coming to the same problem. I have no idea what to do....

Edit: to note this worked once the first time. I formatted for fun...here we are.

CyberPitz

Feb 14, 2011
haha yeah, I finally got everything working instantly last night. Silly Google, making me freak out whenever I got the new tab LOL

I've gotten Market installed and everything is working greeaatt!

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Is this Thread still relivant...

all I did was update the archos firmware then the Applib app from the appslib website and installed "Arctools v0.45" in this app i selected "default apps & market" hit download then install apps and it installed all the google goodies...

every now and again i'll have to do the fix listed here ( http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/archos-tablets/5518-see-more-market-apps-archos-market-fix.html ) to find specific apps... but all in all it was alot easier than what's listed here