Still trying to make a decision!

Gangrel

Dec 9, 2010
Hi,

I'm still trying to come to a decision on which tablet to go for (see http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-total-newbie-suggestions-tablet-buying.html ). I like the look of the A8 as suggested on that thread, but I'm having trouble finding one in the UK. Does anyone know anything about this one:

X5A Telechips 8902 ARM11 bases 4GB Android 2.1 Tablet PC ?

How readily upgradable to 2.2 is it and does anyone have a clue about battery life? Finally, does anyone know if it's possible to change to default keyboard display to a UK one?

Thanks in advance.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi,

I'm still trying to come to a decision on which tablet to go for (see http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-total-newbie-suggestions-tablet-buying.html ). I like the look of the A8 as suggested on that thread, but I'm having trouble finding one in the UK. Does anyone know anything about this one:

X5A Telechips 8902 ARM11 bases 4GB Android 2.1 Tablet PC ?

How readily upgradable to 2.2 is it and does anyone have a clue about battery life? Finally, does anyone know if it's possible to change to default keyboard display to a UK one?

Thanks in advance.

I reviewed your requirements.

Get the Advent Vega. I am aware that this is probably out of your budget. Next up is any of the Archos Gen 8 tablets if you really do not see yourself spending 200 quid this Christmas. The difference is significant, especially since document reading is one of your requirements.

The one you are asking about is not a bad device. I would just recommend something that is more futureproof.

Gangrel

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for that. Unfortunately the Vega is a £250 touch. I'd just find it hard to justify spending that kind of cash on what I'm hoping will be a useful game aid.

Thanks again,
Mike

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Also look up the Discgo 6000, at 130quid Amazon uk. It is a little slower though.
You really should spend extra money for a good touchscreen and a fast cpu