Streaming music from Android tablet

Stefan77

Aug 27, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to stream music (wireless) from an android tablet to a Hi Fi?

I know from experience with windows that there is a good and easy solution with airport express from apple. But i cant seem to find any players for this hardware for android.

Anybody?

Stefan

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Just buy a AD2P Bluetooth-Receiver^^
And if your tablet has bluetooth you can connect and use it as headset!
Then connect your HiFi device via an audiocable and start listening to your music - streamed over bluetooth.

But: This does only work if your Android is able to use the AD2P standard.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I haven't seen a tablet that does bluetooth well yet.

Over wifi...

You might be able to setup a DLNA server over wifi using Acer's DLNA apk and stream to Windows Media Player or any DLNA compatible player, but I haven't tried this on a tablet. Works very well on Android 2.1.

If you have Android 2.1 on your tablet already, google for Acer DLNA Server.

MikeTodd

Mar 26, 2011
I have a Creative Ziio which claims proprietary technology which enhances its Bluetooth Technology. I love my Ziio and use bluetooth in the gym on the treadmill. Simply put, It's outstanding! Creative quote: "Stream high-fidelity stereo audio wirelessly from the ZiiO 7” via Bluetooth and apt-X technology. Works with stereo Bluetooth-compatible speakers including the Creative ZiiSound D5 and ZiiSound T6, and the wireless Creative WP-300 headphones."
ref: Creative ZiiO 7" Entertainment Tablet 16GB with Android 2.2 | Creative Labs Online Store

conchchowder

Mar 19, 2011
I was doing this with my SGT 7 but realized that I was streaming audio from the tablet to my laptop then via TOSLINK to my HT receiver. There was no audio on my tablet that I couldn't use directly from my laptop, so I stopped using the extra step of the tablet. I simply downloaded the PC version of Slacker radio. Otherwise, I use Subsonic to stream my 2TB music collection TO my SGT. the Cloud? lol, It's already on my HD! I just stream it from there.

gero34

Feb 25, 2012
Just buy a AD2P Bluetooth-Receiver^^
And if your tablet has bluetooth you can connect and use it as headset!
Then connect your HiFi device via an audiocable and start listening to your music - streamed over bluetooth.

But: This does only work if your Android is able to use the AD2P standard.

Hi DaHanz, this is a bit off topic to this thread but still relevant I think, I am trying to solve a problem with bluetooth audio. Please see my earlier posts. I am using a Zenithinck C71 tablet running Android 403. I have added bluetooth to the tablet with a dongle and it claims to have paired, connected, and to be streaming media audio through my bluetooth headphones however no sound comes through the headphones, it continues to play through the tablet speaker. I thought Android 403 supported AD2P standard and I am at a loss to understand why I am having this glitch. It might be the fault of Zenithink rather than Android but if you have any suggestions about how to identify the problem and/or a solution then I would be very grateful to hear from you. Best wishes, Gero (UK)

gero34

Feb 25, 2012
I haven't seen a tablet that does bluetooth well yet.

Hi xaueious, I had to laugh when I read your comment about how bad Android is with bluetooth -- tell me about it?! Anyway, my question is a bit off topic to this thread but still relevant I think, I am trying to solve a problem with bluetooth audio. Please see my earlier posts. I am using a Zenithinck C71 tablet running Android 403. I have added bluetooth to the tablet with a dongle and it claims to have paired, connected, and to be streaming media audio through my bluetooth headphones however no sound comes through the headphones, it continues to play through the tablet speaker. I thought Android 403 supported AD2P standard and I am at a loss to understand why I am having this glitch. It might be the fault of Zenithink rather than Android but if you have any suggestions about how to identify the problem and/or a solution then I would be very grateful to hear from you. Zenithink is based in China and I can't get any customer care from them. Have you a link to an English language customer care service for this manufacturer? I thought you might know since you are Hong Kong based. Many thanks. Best wishes, Gero (UK)

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I am using a belkin e16 Bluetooth a2dp reciever together with my vizio Vtab1008 tablet, which really is not a perfect device, but streaming audio to my stereo system works pretty well this way. Also i can not imagine that other android tablets (at least the quality devices) have problems with Bluetooth a2dp. Sure there may be some cheaper devices that do not feature Bluetooth at all, and some midrange ones that have lousy Bluetooth implementations, but those devices should not be recommended at all.

--------------------------
tapatalked from vizio vtab1008

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
[...]I have added bluetooth to the tablet with a dongle and it claims to have paired, connected, and to be streaming media audio through my bluetooth headphones however no sound comes through the headphones, it continues to play through the tablet speaker.[...]
Did you try the bluetooth headphones with another device may be your mobile phone?
And see what happens when you use your bluetooth dongle with your pc^^
Then tell me about the results to let me think of a solution for your problem! :)