Strong Wi-Fi connection but no web page available in browser

Lizzy79

Oct 27, 2011
I have an Android Tablet OS 2.2. I got it a week ago and I'm having some trouble with the internet connection. The connection itself is there. It displays an excellent connection when I go to the Wi-Fi settings. The problem is every time I try to open a web page I get the same notification "Web page not available". I have 2 different browsers and it's the same thing with both. I also have a YouTube browser which doesn't load any youtube vidoes either. I've been connected before where there hasn't been a problem with the browser - I've also had the same problem before but it seemed to solve itself within 10 min. Now I've tried everything and for hours and it's been the same thing "web page not available". I tried changing some settings etc, but maybe I'm missing something??? Can anyone help?? It's really frustrating, because the connection is there but it's as if the browsers won't acknowledge that there's a connection. Please help

Sincerely

Liz

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You are propably showing a strong connection to your wireless router, you might try resetting the router to re-establish a network connection. Quick and easy, just unplug the router from the power source and plug it in again. I have to do this occasionally.

Sent my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

teamair

Oct 27, 2011
[h=1]I have just bought my tablet from Amazon a sawee 10 and have a similar problem. if i connect hard wire to the modem it works fine, my wifi and mifi show strong connections but nothing is brought up on the screen other than the url on the browser page. The wifi is set to on at the tablet and in the software and I have a 3 mifi unlocked to O2. I bought this to use when outside the home and was told that a mifi was the thing to use with tablets but just cannot get it to work. The mifi is not the problem as i have had it working on a laptop no problems it is something within the tablet that has me beat. The tablet is cheap and searching threads see there is a problem with clones but would have thought Amazon would be a safe buyer inthat respect. Can anyone offer any advice please[/h]

Horus

Oct 27, 2011
I hope this helps a little when setting up WiFi on a Tablet/Netbook or other device. Open the router setup (sometimes this is found by typing 192.168.0.1 in a browser address bar, this is not always the case, so check with you router manual) via a browser and go to the wireless settings, it's better if you do this via a PC or Laptop for obvious reasons. Make sure you have the Tablets ip setup if you use an access list (always safer to have one if you live in a suburb), check the routers attached devices to make sure you are connecting to the right WiFi connection. Some Tablets/Netbook and such have issues with certain types of WiFi security so try different protocols. Also some devices do not like hidden WiFi networks, so sometime you have to setup a fully viewable WiFi network.

If you are still having problems then please post your Router and Tablet and then there is more for people to get their teeth into. Well that's what she said. :)

P.S. I would advise using Opera for Android it is an amazing browser, I have been using it for about 15 years on a PC, 3 years on my Mobile and installed it straight away on the Tablet. Works flawlessly. If you use it on your PC you can transfer all of your bookmarks/passwords and some of the speeddial links, via a program call Opera Link bottom left-hand corner of the PC version of the browser.

Last edited:

teamair

Oct 27, 2011
Great help thank you up and running a treat now, easy when you know how. Part of the problem was also the mifi settings which although unlocked where still internally set to 3mobile, by going to o2 help desk and getting the correct settings and connecting the mifi onto a seperate laptop it downloaded its own set up screen which i could then reset.

Lizzy79

Oct 27, 2011
I hope this helps a little when setting up WiFi on a Tablet/Netbook or other device. Open the router setup (sometimes this is found by typing 192.168.0.1 in a browser address bar, this is not always the case, so check with you router manual) via a browser and go to the wireless settings, it's better if you do this via a PC or Laptop for obvious reasons. Make sure you have the Tablets ip setup if you use an access list (always safer to have one if you live in a suburb), check the routers attached devices to make sure you are connecting to the right WiFi connection. Some Tablets/Netbook and such have issues with certain types of WiFi security so try different protocols. Also some devices do not like hidden WiFi networks, so sometime you have to setup a fully viewable WiFi network.

If you are still having problems then please post your Router and Tablet and then there is more for people to get their teeth into. Well that's what she said. :)

P.S. I would advise using Opera for Android it is an amazing browser, I have been using it for about 15 years on a PC, 3 years on my Mobile and installed it straight away on the Tablet. Works flawlessly. If you use it on your PC you can transfer all of your bookmarks/passwords and some of the speeddial links, via a program call Opera Link bottom left-hand corner of the PC version of the browser.

But on my PC I can connect fine to the internet with the same router, so I don't think it's the router that's the problem. I tried resetting the router anyway, but I'm still getting the same problem on the android tablet