Stuck on Acer_A500_1.145.09_COM_GEN1

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
I have a friend who's Acer is stuck on Acer_A500_1.145.09_COM_GEN1.
She get's an update notification, but can't get it downloaded or installed.

I have had no problems updating qty 3 Acer Tab's to 4.010.013.

Does anyone have a suggestion to help my friend?

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
While the A500's operating, press the reset button for half a second, in the little hole below the USB slot. Maybe something's hung up, preventing the load from working. A soft reset will clear it up, without deleting files or settings. I'm not kidding, it's magic. She'll also need great wifi reception to attempt the update. If possible, have it plugged in, the whole time.

If it just plain won't work, count your blessings. The updates create all new headaches.

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks for the tip. I should have thought about the soft reset myself. We will give it a try tomorrow when I see her.

wombat21

Aug 16, 2011
Well, I am stuck on Android 3.0.1 build Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1 !
For 2 weeks now I have tried everyday to upgrade to Android 3.1 but the tablet tells me no update available.
I have tried a soft reset to see if that would trigger the upgrade ... nothing either.

So I am wondering what I need to do in order to get the tablet to upgrade.

Thanks

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
Well, I am stuck on Android 3.0.1 build Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1 !
For 2 weeks now I have tried everyday to upgrade to Android 3.1 but the tablet tells me no update available.
I have tried a soft reset to see if that would trigger the upgrade ... nothing either.

So I am wondering what I need to do in order to get the tablet to upgrade.

Thanks

Just a quick note to say thanks for the help. The 'soft' reset worked for my friend. I have also heard of cases where
the 'soft' reset needs to be tried more than once. As a last resort, you could try a 'hard' reset.

jostarr

Feb 15, 2011
Just a quick note to say thanks for the help. The 'soft' reset worked for my friend. I have also heard of cases where the 'soft' reset needs to be tried more than once. As a last resort, you could try a 'hard' reset.

My friends tab successfully got the update to 4.010.11_COM_GEN2. But now we have a new problem. It thinks it is the
latest update. She never gets notified that update 4.010.13_COM_GEN2 is available.

How can I manually update it to 4.010.13_COM_GEN2 ?

wombat21

Aug 16, 2011
A number of soft rests have not brought the expected result. The table is still stuck on android 3.0.1.

Are there any ideas out there to force the tablet to upgrade to 3.1 ???

Batchman

May 14, 2011
At this point it's probably not worth the trouble. The 3.2 update is due out in a couple days. I'd wait and see if picks up that update before doing anything else right now. The A 501 (with 3G), for resample, never got the 3.1 update and will skip straight to 3.2.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

HD87

May 14, 2011
Last edited:

wombat21

Aug 16, 2011
Thanks for your advice.

Waiting for 3.2 sounds like a good idea ... it reinforces my philosophy of letting problems solve themselves :)

On the other hand the hacker in me is very tempted to install the new system by hand and see more in detail how ANDROID is built. But for the moment I have no time for this.

So we will see if the problem fixes itself first or if my hacking lust wins.

Best regards

Jan

HD87

May 14, 2011
Thanks for your advice.

Waiting for 3.2 sounds like a good idea ... it reinforces my philosophy of letting problems solve themselves :)

On the other hand the hacker in me is very tempted to install the new system by hand and see more in detail how ANDROID is built. But for the moment I have no time for this.

So we will see if the problem fixes itself first or if my hacking lust wins.

Best regards

Jan
If you haven't received 3.1 OTA what makes you think you'll get 3.2?
I agree though, 3.2 is coming out in afew days, ill be updating manually since I cannot receive OTA,
I'll post up the update & a how-to asoon as I receive it.

PS. Problem's don't usually solve themselves.. ;)

wombat21

Aug 16, 2011
Everything comes to those who can wait :)

Today, finally, my tablet proposed the upgrade of the firmware and Android. So now I am in android 3.1 and firmware A500_4.010.41_COM_GEN1.

First it upgraded only the firmware to bring it to A500_1.139.05.COL_GEN1. I guess this is a normal step.

I now know that I am somewhere at the end of the upgrade algorithm of ACER and will not hold my breath for 3.2 !!