Successfull Wireless tether TC970 to android phone for internet connection?

Jan 8, 2012
Has anyone been able to successfully wireless or bluetooth their TC970 to android phone. I have an HTC Hero that is rooted with CM7 and have the wireless tether app for root users and can successfully use it as a wifi router for my pc but cannot get the tablet to even see it. The tablet will connect wirelessly to internet when I go to any public hotspot so I know it's not a problem with the actual wifi on the tablet. I'm sure its a software issue. I understand that android in it's basic form will not be able to AdHoc to another android but I've seen other forums where they have been able to successfully tether. I tried some of the following suggestions but none seem to work. I tried PDANET Tablet (beta) and no go. It will pair but will not connect. I tried the new version of PDANET as well and same thing. I even tried the bluetooth add on module for Astro file manager and allowed the FTP protocol but still no go. I have updated the firmware on the tablet and everything still seems to work fine but cannot connect wireless tether to android phone. This is my only source of internet connection at home. Any suggestions?

Yela57

Dec 3, 2011
Try using wifi tether 3.1 beta 8. I use it with my motorola photon. U may have to play with the settings if ur phone is not one listed. I actually use the settings from the nexus one and the netd feature. It works great for me. And that apk can be found just using google. Hope this helps

Sandmonkee

Jan 21, 2012
Has anyone been able to successfully wireless or bluetooth their TC970 to android phone. I have an HTC Hero that is rooted with CM7 and have the wireless tether app for root users and can successfully use it as a wifi router for my pc but cannot get the tablet to even see it. The tablet will connect wirelessly to internet when I go to any public hotspot so I know it's not a problem with the actual wifi on the tablet. I'm sure its a software issue. I understand that android in it's basic form will not be able to AdHoc to another android but I've seen other forums where they have been able to successfully tether. I tried some of the following suggestions but none seem to work. I tried PDANET Tablet (beta) and no go. It will pair but will not connect. I tried the new version of PDANET as well and same thing. I even tried the bluetooth add on module for Astro file manager and allowed the FTP protocol but still no go. I have updated the firmware on the tablet and everything still seems to work fine but cannot connect wireless tether to android phone. This is my only source of internet connection at home. Any suggestions?

Are you rooted? If so, look here:
LePan TC 970 - Connect to Ad hoc Wifi - xda-developers

lenballard

Dec 17, 2011
I have samsung infuse nothing rooted have created wifi router type hookup from the lepan to internet no problem at all

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Sandmonkee

Jan 21, 2012
If your phone broadcasts in infrastructure mode, then thats true, you don't need to do anything to be able to connect to it. But if your phone broadcasts an ad-hoc network, then you will need to be rooted to connect to it.