Wireless N Connections

antab

Dec 9, 2011
I am running a wireless N network at home and have four LePan TC970's. I cannot get these tablets to connect any faster than 54Mbps or wireless G. Is anyone else having this issue? The website clearly states this is a wireless N capable device.

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
I am running a wireless N network at home and have four LePan TC970's. I cannot get these tablets to connect any faster than 54Mbps or wireless G. Is anyone else having this issue? The website clearly states this is a wireless N capable device.

To be honest with you, I've never seen any of my wireless-N devices get the sorts of speeds advertised. But I have a feeling these tablets don't have N-capability, having rooted around in the wireless settings to solve my DHCP issue.

antab

Dec 9, 2011
That's what I'm afraid of. I have other wireless N devices that connect at 150Mbps and the LePan's are connecting via wireless G even though they advertise the tablet as a wireless N device. Looks like I'll be opening a support request with LePan.

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
It connects at G speeds to my N router as well. Schematics on the FCC website shows it uses a TI WL1271 Wifi/BT/FM chip which does support Wireless N, so I guess it's a software or driver issue.

antab

Dec 9, 2011
Case Subject: Wireless N

Update Date: 12/22/2011 4:06:19 PM

Comments from LePan Support:

Dear Anthony,

The tablet is compatible with connecting to wireless b/g/n routers however it may not be capable of connecting at wireless N speeds. We will have to further look into this for the time being.

Thank you.

JackOverIP

Jan 1, 2012
I have to agree with the wireless 'G' only theory. I have wireless 'N' capability here and have 1T1R devices connecting at 150mbps and 2T2R devices at 300mbps but the TC970 with WPA2 still shows only 54mbps steadily indicating a wireless 'G' connection. I'm interested in the Le Pan support view from Anthony and look forward to his discoveries.