SuperPAD (Flytouch 2) CPU Speed really 1 GHz?

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I have noted that several have questioned the processor speed of the SuperPAD.

Turns out the advertised SuperPAD (Flytouch 2) Processor Type spec of "ARM 11" is a bit short on explaination.

Some history; Acorn Computers was a British computer company established in Cambridge, England, in 1978. Its legacy includes the development of RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computing) personal computers. Acorn is sometimes known as "the British Apple".

ARM (Acorn RISC Machine) processors have been built as "Familys". ARM11 is such a family. The ARM 11 family produced four architectures. ARMv6 being one architecture, and having an ARM core identified as ARM1136. ARMv6 is the oldest of the ARM11 Family and was released in late 2002. The ARM1136 core can operate at speeds from 600 MHz and 1 GHz.

The "Quick System Info PRO" app system report I created identifies my SuperPAD as having a "ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l) 791.34MHz". So, the 1GHz that is advertised is actually a "capable" speed, not the actual running speed.

See ARM11 Processor Family - ARM for more detailed information.

elister

Jan 1, 2011
Yeah my sisters Droid2 smokes this tablet. My G1 running Android 1.6, which the touch screen is better, its CPU is on par with this tablet. I think I was better off buying a netbook.