SuperPAD II (SuperPAD I with 512MB RAM)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Give 'em a big negative - They hate that! That's if you bought it on ebay.
In fact after I won the bid they sent me an email asking not to give a negative but to contact them and they would fix any problems.
Seemed good enough to me . So I sent one back saying if the product was good I'd give them the best positive feed back they had ever seen. which I did. (Superpad/wowpad.)

Unfortunately I didn't buy from them through ebay. If I had I would be warning people on that site about their little scam. I guess I just don't really understand their mentality, why would you lie to potential repeat customers about a product? Especially when social networking is as popular and as capable as it has become. Your lie would get spread very quickly and could ruin your future business.

Last edited:

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Okay, I ordered last night after reading in a different forum and finding people were in fact receiving from ChinaGrabber. I almost wish I would have found this forum first so I would have had a little more knowledge. I think I would have still ordered as it is with in my budget, but this forum makes things a little clearer about the SD slot and if it's an upgraded FT2. It still will fit my needs from what I've read as well as my budget.

The part # actually lists on the invoice as "Flytouch2 Android 2.2 III" so that also seems to answer the question, but it could also be Chinese literacy in Engrish issues.

So my one big question, because I really am hoping it will run on this, Anyone try Google Sky Maps yet?

erock

Mar 2, 2011
Unfortunately I didn't buy from them through ebay. If I had I would be warning people on that site about their little scam. I guess I just don't really understand their mentality, why would you lie to potential repeat customers about a product? Especially when social networking is as popular and as capable as it has become. Your lie would get spread very quickly and could ruin your future business.

As soon as they get too many negative feedback, they just change the name of their store and start over.

This site has been fun searching around on. Lot's of fake Flytouch 3's. Wholesale - Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at **************

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Yeah, I am interested in an android tablet and had been looking at the Google models...I ran across an article that mentioned a Flytouch 3 and found "China Grabber site"...Specs on the three look pretty decent for the price, but I didnt like the warranty:

Return / Repair Policy;ALL SALES Final. Please do your research and ask any questions Before purchasing if not sure.
Products and product accessories come with a 1 month functional warranty, 3 month manufacturer's warranty. We are not the manufacturer but we are a sourcing company. All Sales Final so please make sure to email us and ask us any questions before placing your order.

The all sales are final thing does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling either...I may be wrong, but I hate getting burnt

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
As soon as they get too many negative feedback, they just change the name of their store and start over.

This site has been fun searching around on. Lot's of fake Flytouch 3's. Wholesale - Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at **************

Aliexpress is probably the most frustrating site I have ever tried to work with! I tried to order through those people a couple of months back, and all that succeeded in happening was my money getting locked up for almost two weeks because they said my credit card was a "security risk"... what constitutes a security risk with a credit card? Other people have had no problem ordering from them, and some have had the worst time, just like every other site from which you will order. But they are definitely on my crap list.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
The all sales are final thing does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling either...I may be wrong, but I hate getting burnt

Oh, it is definitely taking a risk when you order from a Chinese wholesaler. And they do have a return policy, but it means you have to pay to return the item. Then they will probably just check the wire soldering and send it right back. Maybe. Some people are left waiting for one wholesaler or another to make good on their meager return policy over an excruciatingly long amount of time. I have ordered mine, but I am willing to work on the stupid thing myself rather than send it back. I am not exactly software savvy, yet, but I am definitely a handy kind of guy when it comes to building and repairing things.

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
I am willing to work on the stupid thing myself rather than send it back. I am not exactly software savvy, yet, but I am definitely a handy kind of guy when it comes to building and repairing things.

I've been repairing laptops, and other things, for a living for 5 or 6 years now and it is one thing to find a loose wire to soldier and another thing to try and find a proprietary ribbon cable for a screen, or a screen, or a mother board.

Still I'm taking my chances. If it holds up a year that's less than $25 a month, so I'll win. If not, well I'll probably calculate it's monthly cost if and when it fails. ;)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
See, I love that attitude! I keep seeing people whine about how they took a chance and bought something only to find out it wasn't everything they thought it should be. If one thing doesn't work, then try something else. This is why we are at the top of the food chain: we have the ability to reason (thumbs kind of help, and staying out of places where animals turn the tables on you definitely helps the whole food chain thing in perspective.) My point is that looking for that cable, or screen, or board is just a part of the challenge and excitement of making something truly yours. Looking for answers about why something isn't working right and then applying the answers you find, even if they turn out to not be the right ones, are still some of the most exciting parts of owning something new.

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Dont mind playing with laptops etc...have taken a couple of older ones apart...just wondering if these things disassemble at all or are they in a sealed case

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I don't have mine yet, but the 256mb version had four little screws under rubber pads on the back. I am pretty sure this one will have the same build design. When I finally get mine I will answer this question for sure. Unless someone else already has one...?

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
I really don't want to have to take it apart, but I voided the warranty on my little Asus eee 900 series replacing a fan rather than shipping it back. Basically the same cost, so I guess I get your point on ownership as a challenge and sense of pride!

I hate having to wait so long... a 10" GPS for my daughter to mess with on road trips, a big screen Google Sky Maps toy, all that and I can email and do a little bit of real computing as well...

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Teetering on the edge now...have looked at countless android tablets for the $200-250 range and the Flytouch 3 seems to be the best so far....but still wondering if the 10" may be too big and maybe look for something in the 8'' range...I think I seen the weight of the 10" to be a kg (2.2 lbs) or more...what do they claim for battery life...

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
@QuietFire Oh yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. (I honestly wasn't thinking in terms of monetary value of shipping vs self-repair, but hey, that helps too :) )

@saugen48 I think they are claiming between 4 and 6, well, most sites are anyway. And there are some that have said the 10" is too big to lug around, they prefer the 7 or 8. You can always run down to a local store that sells some of the more expensive tablets and get a feel for the sizes.

Last edited:

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Well, I said the h3ll with it this morning and ordered it...I suppose I will have all my questions answered in 2 to 3 weeks when its delivered..

hakkers1977

Feb 14, 2011
well from all what i read and read about all these tablet and after i placed my order last month on the 2nd to be shipped last night after a month and more of waiting for a fake tablet, ordered a case keyboard a 32 gig memoery a stand and aa portable battery charger the total is around 430$ that was nothing ontill i got the shock of my life with me steve jobs anouncing the stuning ipad2 and all its new extras and speed for the same price as the old one i was beating up my self for not waiting and geting the new ipad just look at this:
and many more im just piced off but i might just sell this on ebay when i get it and get the ipad wifi64gig with a month of savings.

Last edited by a moderator: