SUPERPAD III FLYTOUCH 3........what the heck is it?

dawsonmed

Dec 3, 2011
Hello everybody. Just some questions to throw out there to see if I can get some help. First of all, I had a Flytouch 3 and bought 4 new ones to replace the older Flytouch 3 for myself and the rest of my family. First of all, I know very little about volts and amps and electrical stuff, but understand the logic of it. So please don't laugh if questions that I ask are totally stupid from an electrical engineering standpoint.

The newer 4 FT3's that I got all supposedly came with Android 2.3. When you pulled up the INFO screen from the system area, it even states Android 2.3 and these ones are called TABLET10, rather than DISCO or DISCO10. So I downloaded the Android System Info app from the marketplace to see what it really has in it.
-Android 2.2 (suprise suprise)
-X210 processor
-404 RAM
This really didn't suprise me. I also opted to have them upgraded to 8gb from the 4gb. It shows that there is 8, but it is broken up into 2 cards. 1 card with 1 and 3, and the other with 2 and 2. This kinda threw me off a little bit.

So, now that I notice that this FT3 appears to be fairly different from the FT3 that I sold, I decided to do some more exploring. I was going to flash with tims6a but wanted to make sure that I had the factory ROM to flash back to if need be. When I contacted the seller, they responded back and sent me the ROM for the FT3 9v. "9V?" Sh*T..... I just bought 4 car chargers that were 5v because the last FT3 that I had was a 5V.
1) Will these 5v car chargers still work?

Then I noticed that there were places that stated the battery inside was only a 3000hm battery. Well, I decided that I was going to open up the case to see what exactly I had going on inside this thing. I opened up the case to find a completely blank battery. No printing on it anywhere. I lifted it up, flipped it over and it is completely blank. There is a sticker on it, but it has no specs on it and just appears to be a part number.
2) How can I tell the specs of this battery? I know I and take a voltmeter and jump it across to see how many volts, but is there any way how to tell how many hm's it is? If it is a 9V battery, any way I can replace it with an 8000hm 5v?
So, now I decide to take out the board. I get it out and flip it over to check on the processor. Sure enough, it is a x210. So I decided to pull up the tape holding the FT card into the motherboard just to see what it was. And to my suprise....... it was only a 4gb card. WTF?!? how can there only be a 4gb card in the slot, yet it is showing up as a total of 8 according to ANDROID SYSTEM INFO app? Is this yet another falsification of registery values too, or am I missing how they are getting 8gb with a 4gb card?

When I removed the battery, I think that I have it a little out of position because when I reassembled it, the entire unit is bowed a very small amount.
I have every intention of taking it apart again to fix this. I am also going to put the gps antennae internally. I actually broke the darn thing off in the adapter the first day I got it. I read about taking it out of the case, and placing it internally in the tablet.

So....
1) Can I still use the 5v car chargers even though it is supposedly a 9v tablet and the wall charger says 9v?
2) Did I get dooped on the 8gb because there is only a 4gb chip in the onboard TF slot?
3) How can I test the battery and can I replace a 9v battery with a 5v 8000hm?

I am also going to take several photos of the inside for you guys to look at and give me your thoughts.
I really want to flash this thing with Tims6a, but want to make sure that I am not gonna brick this thing before the rest of my family even gets theirs for Xmas.

I know that the first thing out of everybody mouth is going to be......send it back and get your money back because it is a clone. I know it is a clone and I knew it was a clone when I bought it. For the price that I paid for the 4 of these shipped including the keyboard cases, I really can't complain too much even if I can't flash a new ROM on them and if they aren't anything special.

I will hopefully have pics on here by the end of the day of me taking it apart and the internal components.

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
I don't own a flytouch but I have heard many people complaining about reciecing fake flytouch IIIs. A quick search on XDA or here should bring up lots of results.

Sent from my flyer using Tapatalk

tsr0003

Dec 1, 2011
I would file a complaint with your credit card or paypal. I don't mind buying a knock off as I know that's what I am getting. I have a problem with an all out lie. I am midstream on my complaint right now. I didn't know about this app so more ammo in my opinion. Sell me a knock off and be truthful with what it has.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
The newer 4 FT3's that I got all supposedly came with Android 2.3. When you pulled up the INFO screen from the system area, it even states Android 2.3 and these ones are called TABLET10, rather than DISCO or DISCO10. So I downloaded the Android System Info app from the marketplace to see what it really has in it.
-Android 2.2 (suprise suprise)
-X210 processor
-404 RAM
This really didn't suprise me. I also opted to have them upgraded to 8gb from the 4gb. It shows that there is 8, but it is broken up into 2 cards. 1 card with 1 and 3, and the other with 2 and 2. This kinda threw me off a little bit.
Welcome to the forum!

2.3 is their naming convention for the firmware NOT Android. See the following post for similar information http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...lone-yospad-firmware-update-2.html#post155378.

Upon review of that and the referenced post, provide the Hardware Id "hwver" for further information.

tsr0003

Dec 1, 2011
Ok, I downloaded the terminal emulator and entered the cmd line and am getting not found. I typed "cat/proc/cmdline". No '''. What am I missing?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Ok, I downloaded the terminal emulator and entered the cmd line and am getting not found. I typed "cat/proc/cmdline". No '''. What am I missing?

From the shell prompt $ the command is "cat" space /proc/cmdline as shown below not as you have typed all strung together.

Code:
$cat /proc/cmdline

The other informational command is "dmesg". If you post the output along with the information from the /system/build.prop they will be the most useful for clearly identifying the tablet and firmware.

Code:
$dmesg

PS. The command output can be directed to your micro SD card for easy copying to your computer by appending the command as follows -

Code:
$dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

Last edited:

tsr0003

Dec 1, 2011
Ok got it. Been a while since I have done any programming.
So I have 0.6.1.3

Any of this have anything to do with not being able to add usb debugging with launcher pro? It is not an option in my shortcuts.

malmyre

Dec 26, 2011
Hello Dawsonmed,

First, I'm apologise for my english, I'm french !!!

I have some answers concerning your post :

1) Can I still use the 5v car chargers even though it is supposedly a 9v tablet and the wall charger says 9v?
No You can't, your FT3 works on 9V, it's means that the mainboard and the internal equipment need 9V to be operational.
Try to use an 220V light with a 12V power supply and you will see .... nothing.

2) Did I get dooped on the 8gb because there is only a 4gb chip in the onboard TF slot?
I've got a FT3 disco model (8GB) and a new FT3 Tablet10 (8GB), into the first one all the memory is a µSDcard 8GB but the Tablet10 is composed by a fixed internal ROM 4GB and a removable µSD of 4GB, so 8GB in total but two parts in the files explorer : Local (ROM) and SD1 (internal µSD), the SD2 being the external µSD slot.
That's why the TIMfirmware (TimV6 for instance) doesn't work on FT3 Tablet10 because its a firmware working with the full µSD internal memory format. For the Tablet10 you need to flash the ROM (I heard of a solution on another forum using male-male USB wire and a specific PC software but I didn't try).

3) How can I test the battery and can I replace a 9v battery with a 5v 8000hm?
I don't know how it could be possible to test the battery energy, but it's impossible to replace a 9V by a 5V as your mainboard need 9V.(In Fact it's possible, but you need to connect 2 batteries in serial with a special mount in adding resistor to adjust the voltage... if you want an external battery pack of 2 kg with your tab don't hesitate;))

Bye