Tablet brightness controller disabled screen (Android 1.7 epad)

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
For anyone still having this problem, you might be able to (based on which exact tablet you have) put your pad into recovery mode. In general, if you have one of the 10" versions, you can do this by: first holding the oval "Home" button on the side panel above the camera, and then pressing the round "Power" button right next to it. Once your tablet powers on, let go of the power button and continue to hold the Home button, you should soon arrive at a recovery mode screen where you want to go 1) clear the cache and 2) erase all settings/reset to default. Once done, try rebooting your device and see where you are.

**NOTE**- If you don't make it to recovery mode by performing the above sequence, try the same sequence but this time instead of the "Home" button use the "Menu" button right next to it. Let us know if this works for you.

hi,
i just got my 7" aPad, WMT2.00_88 shown at booting screen and 10 minutes later i pressed the brightness button and black is all i see. ever since i have been online to find a solution. before i download the original ROM (if i can find it), is there a way to reset using available buttons like the 10" tablet described here?
Thanks

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
hi,
i just got my 7" aPad, WMT2.00_88 shown at booting screen and 10 minutes later i pressed the brightness button and black is all i see. ever since i have been online to find a solution. before i download the original ROM (if i can find it), is there a way to reset using available buttons like the 10" tablet described here?
Thanks
Found .1.88 and flashed. so far everything woks.
Thanks.

ThanatosZeus

Jun 19, 2011
Same problem with the 7" FlyTouch/ePad clone. I can see the screen during boot, but once its booted into Android, screen goes blank! I don't see any reset hole. Is there a way to reset the device to factory settings?

Origianl Firmware: WMT2.1.2_105

People I asked around suggested I flash to firmware found on Panimage's website, but after I flashed the screen is still blank when in Android loads [guess screen brightness setting didn't get reset!]. Worse, Panimage's firmware seems to be of different build number & looks different. The original firmware would show the green Android logo when loading, but now its the word PanImage & theres a small scroll bar on the bottom, like Vista.

PanImage firmware ZIP file is named: R79RT2W5_MID_Firmware Update 12-08-10
A text file in the script folder has this name, even though the version number on the screen while booting is different: 88_wmt2.1.1

PanImage Firmware: WMT2.1.6_PD_N [shown on screen when booting]

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

maxummus

May 5, 2011
I have just brought a epad (Mid701) with Android 1.7.
Everything was working fine, until I opened the 'Power Manager' icon and pressed the screen brightness controller.
The screen went blank and has remained that way even after trying to reboot.
Is there anything I can do?
I can't see anyway of manually resetting the tablet, the only way to fix this problem (I'm guessing) is to somehow connect the tablet to a computer or pc screen (via usb?) as to alter the tablet settings.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Go to the darkest room in the house...closet is the best place, now you should see your screen in complete darkness and go to setting and adjust your brightness.​

lilstroudy

Jan 11, 2012
Can someone help me?? I have an android 10" superpad palmtop and I have pressed the power control button and now nothings working, I have read all the options but which one is suitable for my model?