Can't control tablet screen, brightness problems.

4ceher0

Apr 25, 2013
I own a Versus touchtab 8 DC.

Accidentally I turned down the brightness all the way and now I can't see the screen. Then to my bad luck my tablet cuts out and when I turn it back on I cant enter settings because of my pin lock screen, I can't see my lock screen because of the brightness problem.

I've contacted versus and they suggest I upgrade my firmware and that will reset my brightness but there must be some trick for me to see what's on the screen. I tried their method anyway but I suspect I had USB Debugging was on and so it wont connect the way the firmware software requires.

Has anyone got any methods in which I can see the screen and adjust the brightness so to get the function in my tablet back.

Thanks

4ce.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
In the past, people have said they were able to see the screen if they viewed the tablet from a very extreme angle, Others said they used a flashlight to illuminate it from the front and were able to see enough to get it reset. Can't hurt, doesn't cost, might work.:)

usmiech

Jul 9, 2013
The best way is to install Android Assistent on google play, later get Tools/Save battery/Timeout and change from never timeout to 30 minutes.... sorted by:)

If the problem is just with brightness ,you need another tablet to install firstly this soft otherthere.... ;)

Last edited: