tablet freeze unable to unlock to get in

fh26

Aug 3, 2011
My tablet freeze. after several reboot, it just stuck at the lock screen. I press on the lock to get to the main screen but I cannot unlock the lock to login. I reboot many times but nothing. It's just freeze when I see the time and the lock icon.
I notice the battery remain at 15% no matter how long I charge.
Please help!

Thank you

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
I've heard from people that Acer has them perform a hardware reset (using the button reset with a paperclip on the right side) or a factory defaults reset using a combination of buttons on the unit when it's turned on (probably have to call them to get instructions).

jhernandez

Aug 4, 2011
My tablet freeze. after several reboot, it just stuck at the lock screen. I press on the lock to get to the main screen but I cannot unlock the lock to login. I reboot many times but nothing. It's just freeze when I see the time and the lock icon.
I notice the battery remain at 15% no matter how long I charge.
Please help!

Thank you

im having the same problem. im so upset. i rarely play with this tablet (had it for 2 months). turned it on and it asked me if i wanted to update. i let it update and didnt play with it for a few days. i finally turn it on today and im seeing the same damn thing. i did the power / up volume key combo, it would say that its resetting the cache on the top left of the screen, then i get a green android character, then it goes to a green android character holding a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. so frustrated i dont know what to do.

HD87

May 14, 2011
im having the same problem. im so upset. i rarely play with this tablet (had it for 2 months). turned it on and it asked me if i wanted to update. i let it update and didnt play with it for a few days. i finally turn it on today and im seeing the same damn thing. i did the power / up volume key combo, it would say that its resetting the cache on the top left of the screen, then i get a green android character, then it goes to a green android character holding a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. so frustrated i dont know what to do.
try doing a Factory Reset. check out this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...set-a500-what-acer-support-wont-tell-you.html

phatsobe

Sep 3, 2011
I'm having the exact same problem even the battery shows 15%... argh!

tried reset and i'm also getting the green andriod with triangle and exclamation mark.

Called support and they are asking me to send in my tablet :(

akarthickk

Sep 8, 2011

Hi,

Me too facing the same problem, not sure what to do. Please help me to fix this. After booting, it just shows the lock screen and the clock. nothing works out. Tried Rest and power, volume key options also.