Tablet Frozen on load

enigmaember

Dec 19, 2015
I have a DOPO M975 that has been giving me issues for a while now. My wife purchased the thing while I was on deployment and sent it to me while oversees. After receiving the tablet, the first issues began almost immediately. The standard "Internet" app stopped working and gave error messages (I don't recall what they are now), and then the android store app began giving me issues. I stowed it away to mess with after I got home and now attempting to start it up it just stays on the "dopo" white screen. I've attempted to factory reset with no result and it still just freezes at the dopo screen. My question is are there any other routes I can take in an attempt to recover this hunk of **** or do I have an extra target to bring shooting next time? Thanks for the time and input you all may have.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

How exactly did you try that reset? If it was by using the tiny reset hole on the tablet, that won't help. If you did a true factory reset using a combination of the volume and power buttons that should have worked. If it didn't actually reset it, get out the big guns. ;)

enigmaember

Dec 19, 2015
Yeah I wasn't even aware of the "soft" reset button in the back. Attempted to use that a long time ago and nothing happened. So I just took it apart last night in my recovery attempts and it doesn't have a button or anything on the inside that would actually reset it. Just the tiny little pinhole on the back case. Chinese crap. So yeah factory reset with power and volume down button. Luckily I just bought a new .45 acp for my wife as a Christmas gift so she will have something to shoot at I guess but i was hoping of repurposing them. But also lucky that she only paid $60 total through groupon for both of those tablets. So not a huge loss there. My woman and technology doesn't mix well haha Thanks for the quick reply though.

Edit* Forgot to mention that while the factory reset does reset the thing, it still just hangs on the dopo screen. While in the factory reset screen it shows a picture of a little dead android character with a /!\ symbol out of its chest. Which I hadn't noticed until last night and probably should have posted that to begin with lol

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm thinking it telling you it really is dead. Probably not worth trying to get beyond that dead Droid.