Tablet Has Weak WiFi Signal When Sitting Right Next to Wireless Router

AnnNicole

Dec 26, 2013
Need help figuring this one out. I've had this tablet for over a year. It's been awesome. LePan II Android and I always had a strong signal anywhere in my home with the tablet with my Linksys router, but about 2 months ago we had to reset our router and ever since then I can't get my tablet to pick up the signal even sitting right next to the router. It will appear on the wireless networks, but with a poor signal and it will fail when trying to keep the signal. How can that be? Ugh, so frustrating. All other technology (laptops, iphones) work fine in the house. I'm missing my tablet terribly and I've tried so many different things, but nothing seems to work. I've turned off the router, unplugged everything, reset the router, reset the tablet, cleared some google framework files..etc. Nothing seems to work. If there is anyone who can be of help with solving this for me, I would be so grateful! I have a Linksys Wireless G router with WPA/WPA2 PSK security, and I'm using a LePan II 3.2.1 tablet. Anything else that is helpful, let me know.

ka3yc

Jul 18, 2015
Need help figuring this one out. I've had this tablet for over a year. It's been awesome. LePan II Android and I always had a strong signal anywhere in my home with the tablet with my Linksys router, but about 2 months ago we had to reset our router and ever since then I can't get my tablet to pick up the signal even sitting right next to the router. It will appear on the wireless networks, but with a poor signal
HI. I had the same problem with my tablet, and today i found out the issue.
I've disassembled the tablet (open cover, unmount motherboard) and on the other side there were two elastic copper contacts on the motherboard that touched copper plate on tablet's cover. I've just straightened them out a little, to let them touch plate more tightly and assembled the tablet.
And the signal became 100% strong.
Hope, this will help someone :)
P.S. picture included is not my photo, I've just found similar contacts photo in the internet.

Attachments

• PXMVdxEPX2SbUo2X.jpg
    PXMVdxEPX2SbUo2X.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,673