Tablet purchase advice

alegillies

Jun 17, 2012
Hi,

I am intersted in buying a tablet, but am unsure what model would be best for me.

- I am not interested in playing games/apps on the tab
- I'd like to use it for web browsing, email, facebook, etc. (again, no games)
- I'd like a camera and space to store photos/videos

Does anyone have any advice? Is Android the best for this?

Thanks! :D

EDIT:

- I forgot to mention that I'd like the tablet to be portable, though I doubt this is an issue with any tablet.

Last edited:

macthecat

May 16, 2012
alegillies said:
Hi,

I am intersted in buying a tablet, but am unsure what model would be best for me.

EDIT:

- I forgot to mention that I'd like the tablet to be portable, though I doubt this is an issue with any tablet.

Hi
Most tablets are capable, of filling your needs, you don't quote a budget but an entry level device who do most of what you need,I think however that the ainol aurora is probably your best bet. It is a useful tablet and has realy support in terms of firmware and help on forums such as this, if you encounter any difficulties, hope this helps, good luck.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi,

EDIT:

hi, depending on your requirements for size/price etc. i think this is the best tab for camera. it has a 5mp front camera & 2mp rear i think. this is a 9.7" capacitive screen ips hi-res (same as ipad2), plenty of memory both ddr & flash & a very good cpu. this supplier is a supporting vendor on this forum so you will get excellent after sales service from a reliable trustworthy seller. i use this seller myself 7 find them as good as their word. you may find cheaper prices online but some suppliers are unscrupulous to say the least with tales of lost payments/stock issues/delivery times & whether you're getting genuine or oem (unbranded goods)tablets. this company only sell genuine & will tell you if its in stock or not, you can choose shipping to suit your needs be it speed/reliability/price. well worth a look. if you dont want this tab check out what else they have on their site as they tend to only supply the better quality chinese branded tablets. you have nothing to lose in looking & may find the tab of your dreams. good luck.

Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC With IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC With IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [VI40] - $223.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consu

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi,

EDIT:

Hi alegillies, welcome to the forum.
Based on your requirements, i think you should take a look at the Ainol novo 7 Aurora. it's for only $147.99 shipped in our site. And if you want a larger screen, maybe you can find one of your interest here: 9.7 inch tablet - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
hope you'll soon find what you want! Good luck! :)