Tablet with real GPS, not a-GPS - Does it exist???

chirst2438

May 6, 2013
Yes there is a app like HelloSpy are available in the market that provide gps tracking with many other useful features. The features of HelloSpy It's FREE GPS tracking forever and have many features. Such as: Read SMS, Call History, Track iMessages and WhatsApp message, Spy Call and more.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Do some tablets have GPS? yes they do, most don't. If you look at the specs for a tablet most will clearly state if they have GPS or not.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
A point of clarification here. A-GPS stands for "Assisted GPS". In other words, the device pulls ephemeris data from the cell towers and makes this data available to the GPS receiver. The end result is a shorter wait time before the GPS is usable. What you seem to be confusing A-GPS with is Android's network location service, which uses the information from cellular or WiFi networks to triangulate your location. The two are not the same beast, and if you want GPS, you want the former instead of the latter.

timtak

Dec 17, 2012
Do some tablets have GPS? yes they do, most don't. If you look at the specs for a tablet most will clearly state if they have GPS or not.

Also note that some cheap tablets that say that they have GPS in the SPECs when in fact the GPS does not work.
I have found that my Smart Q X7 could pick up a signal only rarely, and I have heard other people having problems with other cheaper tablets.
So google for other people's experiences with the GPS before you trust the specs.