Tegra 2 Best Video Player?

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
whats the best media player to use that has hardware acceleration support for tegra, hopefully it can also playback h.264 content in mkv container?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Check out MX Player. It works great with mkv using hardware acceleration. I have to set mine to decode the audio using SW and it works flawleslly.

It also remembers your position in movies so you can go check another app, switch back and you are right where you left off. Quick screen swipes for volume, brightness and seek too.

If you like it, grab the paid version to support the developer to continue to make it better.

If not, check out Dice Player. It also supports HW accel, but I still preferred MX to Dice.

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
cant get this from market place since i dont have market on my stock firmware. any ideas how to get the apk files from internet then install on tablet?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have tried most of the video players and for me Rockplayer is my app of choice. Plays everything I throw at it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
im struggling to download the app since those other markets dont support it and i dont have market app on my tablet. not sure where to go from here.

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
thats wot im trying to do, download from outside of market and just get the apk to my computer. then i can manually install which seems to be cleaner and simpler.

wheatabix

Apr 17, 2012
Check out MX Player. It works great with mkv using hardware acceleration. I have to set mine to decode the audio using SW and it works flawleslly.

It also remembers your position in movies so you can go check another app, switch back and you are right where you left off. Quick screen swipes for volume, brightness and seek too.

If you like it, grab the paid version to support the developer to continue to make it better.

If not, check out Dice Player. It also supports HW accel, but I still preferred MX to Dice.

I have used many players and found that the Dice player worked the best for me, it might be because I have an entry level IconiaTAB a100 but with MX player the video seemed to be off a bit and audio was not perfectly synced. Dice played immediately with no issues.