Telechips 8902-HDMI-HD = MID_7AS

aicsie

Jul 26, 2011
Warning tablet !!NOOB!!

I recently purchased this little tablet Telechips 8902-HDMI-HD online from discount Chinese outlet.
l
After powering on device and network setup I attempted to log into to Google account and to use WEB browser with-out success. I discovered the Model number is MID_7AS in device properties. so I hopped onto the internet to figure out the problem, i found this forum.

After looking for pictures and model numbers I found that this Telechips 8902-HDMI-HD / MID_7AS is the same as the MID7015. My guess is that the MID_7AS is the Asian version of the MID7015. The Telechips 8902-HDMI-HD / MID_7AS that I now own is loaded with Asian software and apps that I cannot use and I cannot use WEB or sign into Google Account. The tablet OS is Gingerbread 2.3.3
Can this tablet be re-flashed or converted to a MID7015 via firmware, I am assuming that once I can rewrite the firmware I will no longer be regionally locked out of WEB browser and Google account/ Android Market.

Please help;

Device info:
Model Number

Android Version:

Kernel Version:

Build Number:
MID_7AS 20110526

Last edited by a moderator:

aafirvida

Feb 8, 2012
Hi, did you find a suitable rom for this device ? I got one but I broke system using fastboot. Even If you do not have found an upgrade can you publish a snapshot of your system for me ?

J

jimbo7630

@aafirvida I wouldn't get your hopes up for a reply, aicsie joined in Jul 2011 and made ONE post!