Telechips TCC8900 - Can't access home screen and setting after factory reset

krzak

Apr 17, 2011
Hi Everyone

Just got Andorid 2.1 of ebay. As tablet was used previously I decided to restore to factory default. Unfortunately after this operation my tablet after Setup Wizard completely changed, I couldn't access internet and any settings as before restoring settings.

I did not received any CD with manual for this product so I can't do much a specially as not got any experience with Andorid OS. As on picture below U can see what massage I'm getting trying to access home screen button.

$tablet.jpg

Please help, I even can not get any USB drivers for this unit.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
It has an obviously outdated version of "LauncherPro" installed and set as the default launcher app. If you can get to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Wait for the list to load. "LauncherPro" should be on there. Select it. There should be a "Clear Defaults" button. Press it. Return to the Home Screen. It should now ask you whether you'd like to use LauncherPro, Home, or whatever other launchers may be installed. You could also just uninstall LauncherPro (since it has expired anyway) and it will have the same effect.

If you can't fix it on the tablet itself you're probably going to have to install the Android SDK and use ADB, but since you don't have experience with Android let's not cross that bridge until you have to. ;-)

krzak

Apr 17, 2011
"LauncherPro" installed and set as the default launcher app. If you can get to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Hi Thanks for reply unfortunately I'm not able to go any further that this screen. When I click home icon on menu bar its go black for few sec and loading browser with the same massage. I can not get to any settings.

I have already installed Android SDK but I can't connect my device in to USB debugging mode as don't have right drivers and does from SDK not working.

But when I connect tablet in as mass storage I'm able to access files on one of 2 discs.

$3.JPG

Also I'm not sure if my SDK source address would be correct as I just installed this application without any changes.

$2.JPG$1.JPG

I would be grateful if you could help me to resolve this problem.

krzak

Apr 17, 2011
Finally I have manage to restore it.

What I did was:
1. use recovery option on start the system to restore do factory setting again
2. when asking to create google account I have filled in create/sing in opposition did but not been able to connect through APN as not got sim card as patently this tablet working also as phone but after that it sugested to connect to WiFi and after everything was easy to set.

azpirate

Aug 3, 2011
Hey there, looks like you have the same tablet that I do, there is an app on the android market called "2.3 launcher" that has worked great for me, it is the launcher that 2.3 gingerbread uses and it seems to speed up the tablet a bit just remember that it is only a launcher and ot an upgrade to 2.3 and it lets you go back or uninstall if you do not like it. Also, when I factory reset mine when I first got it I had to do it through the bios screen, just plug in any USB keyboard and hold the power button while left clicking the toggle on top, hold both until the screen comes up with the yellow diamond and the android icon, then let go of the buttons and left click on the toggle (like you were going back in an application) use the keyboard arrow keys to move up or down to where it says "factory reset" and when that is highlighted right click on the toggle on top. Then just wait and it will boot up to the callibration screen and you go from there.
Hope that helps, I am still trying to upgrade to android 2.2 or 2.3 but havent found the right stuff yet, good luck.