Terminal emulator?

jpmi23

May 3, 2011
Hi all. I'm new to the Sylvania tablets and hoping I can get a hand from someone.
Like everyone else, ota updating is a no go for me so I wanted to attempt the manual update process. I've never been able to get adb running (W7 x64 machines) so I thought I'd give the SD card method a shot. My problem is the terminal emulator keeps fc'ing on me. I dl'ed it from slideme. I tried better terminal emulator but am getting errors from it as well. Does anyone have a copy, or know where I can find a copy, of TE that works with these? I've searched for the version mentioned in the thread, but can't locate it. I'm trying to get the hwver. Thanks is advance. I can't wait to get froyo going on this thing.

Additionally, the box says it's a SYTABEX7 (above the UPC), but the system says it's a SYNET7LP. I wonder which is right? I bought it at CVS about 3 days ago. I wonder if they're shipping the 7LP's now?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
I use better terminal emulator on my tab. But when in doubt download each one till you find one that works

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Hi all. I'm new to the Sylvania tablets and hoping I can get a hand from someone.
Like everyone else, ota updating is a no go for me so I wanted to attempt the manual update process. I've never been able to get adb running (W7 x64 machines) so I thought I'd give the SD card method a shot. My problem is the terminal emulator keeps fc'ing on me. I dl'ed it from slideme. I tried better terminal emulator but am getting errors from it as well. Does anyone have a copy, or know where I can find a copy, of TE that works with these? I've searched for the version mentioned in the thread, but can't locate it. I'm trying to get the hwver. Thanks is advance. I can't wait to get froyo going on this thing.

Additionally, the box says it's a SYTABEX7 (above the UPC), but the system says it's a SYNET7LP. I wonder which is right? I bought it at CVS about 3 days ago. I wonder if they're shipping the 7LP's now?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk
The drivers are only x86 and won't work on a 32 bit system. You will also have to use adbwireless app to do the terminal from your computer, or get a terminal app and connect a USB keyboard to the HOST usb port.

You have a EX7, the express model, which has no HDMI port, other than that its pretty similar to the 7LP.

To get the manual OTG process to work, you need to work from a Windows XP or Vista 32 bit system.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010

The Android Terminal Emulator is a VT-100 compatible terminal emulator for Android devices without the need to root. jackpal / Android-Terminal-Emulator wiki

SYTABEX7 - Model number/Android version
- The "Model number" and "Android version" are hard coded into the "Settings.apk" used on both devices, SYNET7LP and SYTABEX7, so they will always report SYNET7LP and either DG2.01 or DG2.20 if updated.

Here are some getting started Resources for the SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7/Disgo 6000.

Last edited:

jpmi23

May 3, 2011
Awesome. Thanks guys. I'll get to downloading and reading. (Not as simple as it is to work with CWM on a gtablet is it. LOL!)

EDIT: That wiki page doesn't want to load. Just a heads up.