Tethering with my APAD G10

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Is this even possible? I've managed to find a full version of PDAnet through Google and use it on my G1 to connect to the internet on my laptop via USB. And it works great, with a fairly decent speed using my phone's 3G. Question is, is this possible to connect my G10 with my phone? Or any other way to tether so I can use the internet?

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Purple8

Sep 27, 2010
There is some adhoc wifi software called adhoc able but i have not been able to get it too work. think you need root. Iam new to android and this is my first machine so i have nott been able to get working

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
Problem is, Android isn't meant to connect to adhoc networks. Adhocable, as mentioned, fixes this, but afaik it only works on "genuine" aPads (Rockchip tablets).

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
This is very much so possible, you have a G1 correct as it says in your signiture? if so there are countless threads and youtbe videos explaining how to root and add wireless tethering to your device. Wireless tethering essentially makes your phone into a wifi hotspot wherever a 3g data connection is available.

Now USB tethering is something that im not sure would work in conjuntion with the G10 if this is the same as the other chinapads, then the left mini usb is the "host" and the right one is the "sync" usb. With an adapter you theoretically could plug your phone to it, and using an app such as PDAnet from the market work that way

The wireless way works for me let us know on this thread

ta2025

Oct 28, 2010
If the phone has the new wireless hotspot features, its a no-brainer. My buddy and I did this effortlessly the other day. He has the new Samsung phone with Sprint and it had the mobile hotspot. We had my Haipad M701 connected in seconds at a Waffle House.