Tethering

mrbodywork

Sep 24, 2011
Hello! I am hoping you can assist me with the PDA for tablets app... I have an Acer iconia a500 and it is running honeycomb 3.2. I have paired it via wifi with my Droid x and it is running android 2.3.3. When I finish all the steps for PDA tablet beta, on my phone it says "A500 connected to phone modem" and the tablet says " PdaNet Configuration Error: Network Proxy is set on your device yet PdaNet is not connected. You need to either Clear Network Proxy (if you are done with PdaNet) or connect PdaNet. Please launch the PdaNet Tablet client and correct this!!" If you could help me get past this step I would be so psyched!

Thank you, Irene

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

silkysings

Oct 24, 2011
Same as previous post I have Droix X unrooted running Gingerbread (which I hate because it won't pause a movie if I leave the player it starts over). I am trying to either USB tether or Bluetooth tether with PDANet Tablet. I perform all the steps, it says on the Droid that A500 is connected with phone modem, I get a message on the tablet that says "Connected!" but when I open the browser I get the error message saying I have to clear the proxy. I am unable to access the internet. The wrench on the tablet next to Droid X does not have any options except unpair. I followed all suggestions, including clearing the proxy as soon as the "Connected!" message pops up, and nothing helps. Is it impossible to tether an unrooted Droid X running Gingerbread to the Iconia A500 tablet? I tried the regular USB tether on the phone but when I plug the cable and turn on USB tether on the phone, the tablet does not do anything. Any other step-by-step suggestions?

Dnail81

Nov 10, 2011
Hi everybody.

I have an A500 running stock 3.2 (unrooted), and a SE X10-mini (E10A) running android 2.1.1.A.0.6 (rooted).
I´m trying to use the X10 to provide internet acess to the tablet via bluetooth or wifi,
I´ve tried many app´s on the market, and didnt get sucessfull.

some apps need netfilter on the kernell to work, and seems to the X10-mini dont have this.

some apps tether via ad-hoc network and the tablet dont recognize it.

Any sugestions to what can be done?

I really dont want to downgrade the A500 to 3.1 to get root acess (not at this moment).

Thanks!

KahunaGrande

Nov 20, 2011
I was having decent performance with PDANet Tablet beta running a bluetooth tether from my HTC Droid Incredible while on FroYo (2.2), but it would no longer function after the phone upgraded to Gingerbread (2.3) last week. I am now using the Verizon WiFi hotspot feature for $20/mo, disappointed with paying but happy with the performance.

IRJ

Dec 4, 2011
Will the A500 accept a wireless 3G SIM card via the USB slot and work straight away?

OldGaf

Nov 20, 2011
wow... i was looking around for a solution this evening and was getting discouraged as i did not want to root my iconia.
Then it dawned on me.... my cell is an Atrix and it has a built in mobile hotspot... COOL!

Works like a charm :)

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
wow... i was looking around for a solution this evening and was getting discouraged as i did not want to root my iconia.
Then it dawned on me.... my cell is an Atrix and it has a built in mobile hotspot... COOL!

Works like a charm :)

Just remember, your carrier will bill you if they catch you.
I assume you are on Bell, and last time I checked you had to have a $50 or higher plan to be able to tether.
In the States, At&T would add 10 bucks to your bill every month.

I do the same on my Nexus One, but AT&T can't even tell I'm doing it.

OldGaf

Nov 20, 2011
Just remember, your carrier will bill you if they catch you.
I assume you are on Bell, and last time I checked you had to have a $50 or higher plan to be able to tether.
In the States, At&T would add 10 bucks to your bill every month.

I do the same on my Nexus One, but AT&T can't even tell I'm doing it.

Not true for me:

• 200 local anytime minutes • Unlimited nights and weekends local minutes •
Nationwide Fab Ten (unlimited National calling,text & long distance to 10 numbers) •
Unlimited sent & received text,picture & video msgs in Canada • 1GB (includes
tethering) in Canada & Unlimited Social Networking

Yela57

Dec 3, 2011
Im having the same issue. Tried to run the pdanet tablet app and says paired but it doesnt say connected. Im using a photon and the a500 3.2 somebody please help. Is there a way to get the tethering to work without having to root the tablet?