The Galaxy Note is getting ICS

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi all

I was pleased to find my T mobile UK supplied note was offered a update today via kies.
It took a couple of tries and downloaded some extra files but i got there in the end !
I spent half the afternoon putting back all my shortcuts and bookmarks on the home pages but im happy with it so far.

One problem i have that my copilot navigation app no longer runs, does anyone have any advice on sorting this ?

Mark

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi TH3ORY

What network are you on mate ?
I checked OTA when Kies offered me the upgrade but it said none available, Im on T mobile.
BTW My note came unlocked from T mobile and with no T mobile logos branding or apps & was the same after the upgrade, was it the same on your network ?

Mark :cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
So ,.I got an unlocked note, one of those made for the German market...do I have to go to Germany to get ICS?

Samsung Galaxy Note

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hi Gloria, CSC stands for Country Sale Code, but all I know about it is that it's supposed to indicate which country your tablet is in. Apparently it's a Samsung thing. Hope that helps.

Yeas it basically means some firmwate differences specific to the countries. For example some countries may not allow netflix to be broadcast so the csc tells the market that netflix not be for download

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Gloria

I think that if you use Kies it wont matter where you are, if a upgrade is available that matches the country code of your phone it will let you have it.
Network OTA upgrades probably have the version for local phones.
Im no expert but that would make sense.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi All,

I found a way of getting copilot v8 to work on my phone now i've upgraded to ICS, if anyone needs to know how, just give me a shout.

Mark

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Spider,Anima T.,Mark...as soon as I'm on the browser I'll tank you properly! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I finally got ics! I just got it the easy way, my favorite way, going to settings, software updates. I don't really see any noticeable difference .....the tablet was so good already and fast.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi all

My note upgraded from 4.03 to 4.04 today while im on holiday in bulgaria, does anyone know if i will suffer any strange side effects of upgrading while not in my home country?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Mark, mine got the update to 4.04 something like 3 Weeks ago and no side effect even though I'm not in my country or better in my phone country! My phone is from Germany originally . Actually now I think about, after the update my note lost the heavy German accent, it sounds more American!:-D

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Gloria,

Thanks for that, I didn't give much thought until after I had updated it!
I'm still really impressed with the phone, I hope your still happy with yours too.

Mark:cool: