iprincerohit

Dec 29, 2012
I want to buy a tablet with the following features:

1>Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
[h=3]2>Dual core processor[/h]3>1GB RAM
4>Inbuilt 3g, voice call
5>Capacitive Touchscreen
6>Good after sales service

Is it possible to get a tablet with the above specification within 10,000INR?
Then please let me know..

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm foolish and impatient so I'm starting to lean heavily towards the Ainol Hero 10, as opposed to waiting for the Ainol Captain. Do you think the Captain would be worth the wait? I have no baseline for comparison when it comes to these new tablets. I've been playing around with my father's 1st gen Asus Transformer and while I REALLY like it, it feels a bit sluggish. But I'm comparing it to a Core i7 desktop and a Core2Duo laptop, and a 1st gen iPad. It just doesn't feel as....slick as the iPad. Maybe it's just me....
::shrugs::
I gave up waiting on the caption and bought the lenovo a2109 tablet. So I would say go ahead and get the hero.

zipflint

Nov 22, 2012
Wow. I like everything about that Lenovo. Is it likely to get the Jellybean update? Or is that something you'd have to do yourself
through a ROM or whatever? Thanks for all your input, btw. I feel much more informed because of it.

I gave up waiting on the caption and bought the lenovo a2109 tablet. So I would say go ahead and get the hero.

LordGray

Nov 24, 2012
No reply to my last one so I'll simplify what I'm looking for.
I want a tablet that is:
10 inches (or maybe 8.9, I want a 16:9 or 16:10 screen ratio)
high resolution since I will watch a lot of videos on it
atleast a dual core processor that is clocked fasted enough to play apps that aren't too intensive (probably no uber 3D power games) and watching videos and basic web browsing
atleast 1 gb of ram (probably just 1gb since I do not know of any cheaper tablets with 2gb)
microSD slot and atleast 8gb of internal storage (preferably 16 but I can live with 8)
around $200 (so probably a china tab)
I was looking at the Ainol Novo Hero, but will probably wait for the Captain. Or the Cube U30GT.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Wow. I like everything about that Lenovo. Is it likely to get the Jellybean update? Or is that something you'd have to do yourself
through a ROM or whatever? Thanks for all your input, btw. I feel much more informed because of it.

Yes jellybean is out for it, you can get the official update through OTA, or download a version and install yourself. For myself I am dual booting ICS and Jellybean.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...cal/52475-how-dual-boot-via-lenovo-a2109.html

zipflint

Nov 22, 2012
See my hangup is I DO want to be able to play graphics-intensive games on my tablet. I also do a lot of music editing and recording, and photo editing. So while I'm getting impatient and the Hero 10 is probably stout enough.....I can't shake the feeling that the Captain is more like what I "need." Of course, if it's over $300 then I'm gonna hafta consider other options anyway, and by then the Hero 10 should be cheaper. The Lenovo A2109 that vampirefo is talking about sounds good but I think I need Jellybean.

::edit::
vampire posted about the Jellybean update while I was typing this reply.
d'oh!

zipflint

Nov 22, 2012
Here's another question I didn't know I had. Tegrazone. Are the Ainol tablets able to access this? My understanding is that you download the Tegrazone app from Google Play and you get games via this app. Is this how it works? And can the Hero 10 run these games?

MrFastZombie

Dec 30, 2012
1) I am looking for one like this: Flash, Wifi, Atleast 1GB of RAM, Atleast 4 GB of space, Google Play support (Must be expandable to atleast 32 GB if under 8 GB in space) Also, it is not required, but I hope to find one with a camera on the front and back.
2) $100 or less
3) 7" or Bigger
4) I never really used Android, but I am pretty good with technology
5) St. Francis, Minnesota, United States

EDIT: Thanks, Vampirefo. I will buy that tablet if I do not find any better to get.
EDIT: Added a new requirement.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

lmreia

Dec 28, 2012
1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps
I will use the tablet for reading mangas, surfing in the web, drawing and watching videos, I think. It must have Adobe Flash support, capacitive touch screen, wifi and the original Google Play Store. I think I won't use it for playing games.

2) how much you are willing to spend
Around $50 would be good. Maximum is $100

3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be
9 inch or bigger

4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer literate
I have android 2.3 in my mobile phone and a coby kyros 7015, so I am familiar with android. A tablet with android 4 or over would be really good. I really want to use google chrome in it.

5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)
Brazil

Last edited:

LordGray

Nov 24, 2012
See my hangup is I DO want to be able to play graphics-intensive games on my tablet. I also do a lot of music editing and recording, and photo editing. So while I'm getting impatient and the Hero 10 is probably stout enough.....I can't shake the feeling that the Captain is more like what I "need." Of course, if it's over $300 then I'm gonna hafta consider other options anyway, and by then the Hero 10 should be cheaper. The Lenovo A2109 that vampirefo is talking about sounds good but I think I need Jellybean.

::edit::
vampire posted about the Jellybean update while I was typing this reply.
d'oh!
A couple sites that have the captain available for pre-order are charging a little over $200. Personally I would wait for it because of it's good specs and resolution, plus it's cheap and Ainol has good quality products.

zipflint

Nov 22, 2012
Thanks! I saw that it IS indeed up for pre-order at a few sites, but I'm waiting for flsuperstore to get theirs. I've never bought a tablet like this and I like what
that place does, as far are removing whatever bloatware might be on there and making it ready for English-speaking users.

A couple sites that have the captain available for pre-order are charging a little over $200. Personally I would wait for it because of it's good specs and resolution, plus it's cheap and Ainol has good quality products.

SupaLawlCat

Jan 1, 2013
1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps
I'd like a fairly powerful tablet. It should be able to play all the good looking games such as Modern Combat 4 and stuff. I'd like the web browsing to be fast as well.

2) how much you are willing to spend
About $250 at the most.

3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be
I'm thinking like 7" to 8".

4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer literate
I've never owned an Android device, but I am a computer person. I build them and whatnot.

5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)
Canada.

Piglet81

Jan 2, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I don't currently own a tablet but would really like to buy one, looking around it seems in most cases that with a Chinese branded tablet you get a lot more for a lot less money. I've sort of narrowed it down after days and days of researching, and would really appreciate some advise on whether these tablets are any good. I would be using it for all sorts of things and would like to get as much for my money as possible if you know what i mean?
I'm looking into the Icoo ICOU10GT ICOO ICOU10GT Quad Core A31 Tablet PC 10.1 Inch Android 4.1 IPS Screen 2G Ram 4K Video Gold and the Onda V972 Onda V972 Quad Core 16GB 9.7 inch Retina Screen 2048*1536 Android 4.1 HDMI Dual Camera, i understand they haven't been released yet but maybe you could give me some advise on the specs? I just don't want to make the wrong choice and end up disappointed.
Thanks so much for reading my first post and happy new year! :D