The One 'Do I Buy This', 'What Do I Buy', 'I'm Looking For' Thread

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Sorry, I should have clarified and said that SKYPE doesn't video chat. Thanks for catching that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

heavy666

May 3, 2011
Can someone help me choosing a tablet I'm new on this market and I need a Good capactive screen most for watching videos, comics and playing, my budget is 230 ~ 250 U$ shiped. Also I need it from a chinise site as amazon and other sites does not ships down to brazil.
So thats what I need a good screen maybe IPS tablet that can be rooted and that I can play with.

Thank you so much!

adabada

May 8, 2011
Hello,

I'm building a prototype for a project of a client, and I was considering on using an android tablet as the platform of choice for the project. Since this is a prototype, I need the cheapest device I can find.

Beauty, video quality, full hd playback, gaming and stuff like that is completely useless to me. As I said, this device is going to be used for a prototype, so the key here is low price.

What I'm looking for:

• Good Battery Life - 4+ hrs
  • Bluetooth - either embedded or thru external adapter
  • USB host - to add usb dongle mostly
  • Wifi - either b or g would be fine

Optional Items:

• GPS
  • Big screen - 8"+

Thanks

So, anyone?

DanielT

May 10, 2011
Just a follow up I ended up getting the iPad 2 and thus far it is very good. Will be even better once a jailbreak is available for it.

heavy666

May 3, 2011
Can someone please help me?
What Im looking for is the best tablet I can get for U$ 250 shiped to brazil, I need capactive screen and the bigger the best, 7 inches is ok too.
What is the best deal I can have?
Best Regards Andre

adabada

May 8, 2011
you can get either motorola xoom or samsung galaxy tab from vivo for $100/month if you get their data plans...

por 100 conto/mes vc consegue um xoom da motorola ou um galaxy tab da samsung fazendo aqueles pacotes de dados da vivo...

justmail.gee

May 12, 2011
Hi Tech gurus!

I'm new here... I hope I will get some valuable advice from the forum.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1. 7 or 8 inches
2. Wifi (proven quality for best connections)
3. Multi-touch (Capacitive)
4. For regular / general browsing
5. Online videos (youtube, Dailymotion etc)
6. Online TVs
7. Voice chat (Skype)
8. Budget is arnd USD150 - 200
9. Good battery (4 - 5 hrs)
10. Flash player 10.1
11. Games
12. Good audio output (speakers and earphone)
13. USB port
14. Ebook reader

I live in Philippines.

Also, I have noticed on the posts, something like "routing", what is that? Is it necessary to route the tablets whilst usage? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Kocrachon

May 13, 2011
Hello,

Right now my wife and I are looking at getting a new tablet, partly so we can take notes in class, and partly so we can use it as a form of entertainment on our flights.

I am mainly looking for a tablet that is 10 inches, or maybe 9 inches, that is some where between 200-300 dollars, that supports the android market so I can download all of the apps available.

I also plan to use it for kindle function and many other functions. Anyone able to recommend me something in that price range that meets my specifications? I am partially over whelmed with how many options there are for tablets.

PinkTux

May 11, 2011
:)Hello,

I'm not really a computer person, I am good at using them, but the little black box of death (where you type in code and such kinda scares me). Though I do very much support the Linux. I'm looking for either an Android or linux based tablet.

I'm a Museum Curator, for Living History Museums in Central Ontario. I'll be using the tablet for both professional and personal. I've listed the main work and personal uses for the device and the technical needs and wants. I could go up the $500 but of course I'd rather less.

Uses for my Tablet,
Work Related:
Read/edit documents (potently all open office but definatly word and spreadsheet)
E-mail/web
Record (audio) and written notes from a meeting
Easy Navagatable Calander and adgenda (with meeting alarms)

Personal:
Take and View Photos
Watch movies
Play Music
Read Ebooks
games

Technical Need
Capacitive touch screen
at least 1 USB
headphone out
Wifi and 3G

Technical Want:
8 or 9 inch Screen preferably but will consider 7-10
Bluetooth
the little mouse buttons.

Any help or recommendations would be very much appreciated.
Pink Tux

petervk

May 16, 2011
Hi All,
Just came across this site, wow heaps of info in here, thanks!

I'm looking to get my first tablet for general use, browsing, playing music, etc.

Must Have:
- 10" preferred although would consider 8"...
- Wifi + Bluetooth
- Internal 3G (could live with external 3G support in a pinch...)
- Flash

Would Like:
- Android Market (it seems some tablets dont support this...?)
- Full Flash

I've got an Android phone. I'm quite computer literate and would be happy to have a go at rooting the tablet if necessary (with instructions etc).

I'd spend up to around $300, maybe a little more if required...Am I dreaming or is this about right?
Im in Australia.

I've had look around and I'm tempted by some of the Chinese tablets but Im worried Ittl be a brick within a week and I'd be left with no recourse...

Thanks for any advice.