The WonderPad Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Tablet PC HELP!

PhloxyFlowers

May 22, 2012
okay this is my problem...
The WonderPad Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Tablet PC also known as the Super Cortex A8 1000MHZ running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

I spent yesterday trying to figure out how to get passed the unlock screen of my Android tablet (not a phone) as my husband set it up and now has no idea what it is!!)
The Android needs to be hard reset as It won't let me pass the Google sign-in.. it says to many attempts account locked and I must use my Google account to unlock it… ... I KNOW the password and the proper email address and it does jack all but default back to the password logon (not the lock screen but the logon)... I can't get online with it as it says no service so obviously it can‘t verify the account... and yes I've checked my iPod and it's not the router … my computer is fine and I can get into Google using both the iPod and the computer !!

I’m running Windows 7 so when I try to connect the USB cable from the Android tablet to the Desktop Computer it will not recognize that it's even connected. It tries to and if I go to devices and printers it shows the icon but when I right click and look under drivers it list (L & K) and a few other things. I went to the Device manager to try and uninstall it and then plug it back to reinstall… but guess what… I can’t find it… any where!

I’m about ready to through this thing in the trash… there is a reset button on the side.. All it does is make the screen go white and then restart or reboot right back to the black Google logon screen!! Also I let this sit for 24 hours hoping it would let me try again... NO Dice...not happn'in

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

The reset button is probably just a hard reset (Clears the caches) but does not wipe the tablet.

There should be a way using the hardware buttons (vol and power) to do a factory data reset, or perhaps holding the RESET button down for 10+ seconds.

I am not familiar with this pad specifically so I do not know exactly how to do it.

wiro67

Jul 24, 2011
could try to go to setting then select acounts and synchronisation select the acount the tablet is registerd too (then select the options usuali a dottet line vertical )it wil give you the option to remove acount
afther that you can make a new acount for yourself ,hope you figure it out

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
could try to go to setting then select acounts and synchronisation select the acount the tablet is registerd too (then select the options usuali a dottet line vertical )it wil give you the option to remove acount
afther that you can make a new acount for yourself ,hope you figure it out

They cannot unlock the tablet to get to settings to remove the account. They are stuck at the initial lock screen.

J

jimbo7630

Does this help? should work on tablets as well, I suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhloxyFlowers

May 22, 2012
This is where I'm stuck.. it tells me Password or username incorrect... it says no internet connection.. BUT not always... anywhooo when it's not showing no connection I put in my email addy and password but it just bumps back to that same screen...with the incorrect password...blah, blah,blah... feel me?
Also I've tried to hardboot it in everyway I can imagine...even using the reset button in conjunction (sp) with the [power...or back button & power... the volume buttons & power... and zip.. Should I just pitch the darn thing?

kb8cfe

Jun 21, 2012
If you haven't already done something drastic, try this. If the tablet is "on", press and hold the on/off button until the screen goes black. Then, press and hold the on/off button until the Archos logo appears. When this happens, set the tablet aside for about thirty minutes, then try turning on, and see what happens.