This Android Tablet is asking for Quicktime to plaly an audio?

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
Last evening I was playing around with Comcast, new to me. I was at a sandwich shop, I called home and left a message. Then I opened the Xoom Tablet, used Chrome browser and signed into my account and there found that I had one phone message. Waahllaaa! So I played it. How exciting to this kiddish mind. So today on the SAME TABLET I tried to play the file and it's saying I need QUICKTIME???? Now who schnuuck into my tablet overnight and decided to change that? So I can't seem to figure this. So I tried downloading VLC player and the same message still pops up to me ... NEED QUICKTIME! I hadn't changed it's mind. So what to do? Is there someway on the tablet to tell quicktime requests to use VLC? Is there some easy way to download Quicktime for android tablet?

What is the solution when it asks for Quicktime? Is it a Xoom thing or a Comcast thing?

Thanks for any help. Jack ":-\

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
There is no Quicktime for Android so if it won't work any other way you may be out of luck. My thought is that it won't.

Thank you. The ? remains, as I mentioned I think, that it worked last night when I was at that sandwich shop I mentioned. It played the file just fine. I had to turn the volume down so folks wouldn't think I'm weirder than I appear. So if it worked once or twice last night I don't understand why it's asking for Quicktime today? 2B or not 2B .. no thats not the question. It's why did it play in one session and now not. So it's a little hard to accept it never will work, when it did at one time? Thanks for you time and info. Jack ":-D

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Go back to where it worked and try again. See if the file type was different. I admit that it shouldn't make a difference but if it works at the shop but not at home there must be an explanation.When it played at the shop did you notice the app it used to play it?

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
Go back to where it worked and try again. See if the file type was different. I admit that it shouldn't make a difference but if it works at the shop but not at home there must be an explanation.When it played at the shop did you notice the app it used to play it?

I don't know if it showed an app. I think the Comcast screen was just static as it played the file so I do not have that info. I go there often enough so I guess I will try that. I was logged onto Xfinity there as they shop has it and any Comcast subscriber can log on to Xfinity Hotspots wherever they are. ?? Got me?? Thanks Jack ":-D

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012

The answer coming from the Comcast forum seems to be to download the app COMCAST CONNECT which takes care of email and voicemail. I suspect there must be code in that app to play these things. However "leeshor" I know it worked that night in the sandwich shop. I was not high on that large cheese steak. :) And I didn't have the above app in CAPS installed. It would still be interesting the next time to try them again within the browser and see what happens. I am going to say that

COMCAST CONNECT APP is the solution for me. However, that does not diminish the good info you provided! Thanks! Jack ":-D

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Glad you found an answer Jack. I suspect, but have no evidence, that the difference was that you were not on Comcast when you were on the road, though I have no idea why that would make a difference.

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
Glad you found an answer Jack. I suspect, but have no evidence, that the difference was that you were not on Comcast when you were on the road, though I have no idea why that would make a difference.

Apparently leeshor it was not the answer I'd hoped. For some reason Xfinity Connect is not compatible with Xoom Tablet. Maybe most phones but not my tablet. So the hunt goes on for an answer. Where do you give kudos or thanks or solution around here? I'll have to look closer. Thanks for it all! Jack ":-\