"this item cannot be installed in your device's country"

Rml123

Jan 7, 2013
Hi

Firstly, I am new to Android tablet devices so bear with me and be as basic as you want with any advice.

I've bought a MiniGadget MG638Plus Android Tablet Computer - Android 2.3 for my daughter from Cheap Android Tablet Pc Cheapest Android Computer - Cheap Tablet

I have started looking for Apps in Google Play.

When i synched the device with my google account, google play has registered the device as "China Telecom Infotmic M7206".

This is preventing me installing many of the apps. For example, if i go the market app and search for bbc iplayer it is not there (i presume incompatible apps are filtered out). If i browse the google store on my windows pc via browser i find out the reason why. It finds the bbc iplayer app and when i press install it won't select the "China Telecom Infotmic M7206" and when i hover over it, it gives the reason "this item cannot be installed in your device's country".

I've bought the device from a UK website to use in the UK so i would expect to be able to use apps such as the BBC iPlayer. I cannot even download the Google Play Magazines app for downloading any magazine apps for the same reasons.

The website support are telling me the apps are simply not compatible with a budget tablet and that i shouldn't be accessing google play via a browser (and therefore not finding out about the message)

I would appreciate any advice to get GooglePlay to recognise that i am in the UK and not in China!

thanks ...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It is true that many tablets have not been certified by Google or the developer for many of the apps. There are also country specific restrictions. That's the extra price paid for some of the really cheap tablets. However, there may be some other sites that may allow you to install some of the apps. Installoi9ng some of them could cause problems if it doesn't recognize some of the components.

I suggest you check this thread as it might help some. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...atives-google-play-store-amazon-appstore.html

Rml123

Jan 7, 2013
Hi,

thanks for the suggestions. however i tried all of the sites there that still exist and none of them found, for example, BBC iPlayer when i searched. I don't think my problem is that i'm outside the USA. The problem is that i cannot install UK-only apps in the UK such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, because the device i bought in the UK thinks it's still Chinese.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi

I don't mean to teach you to suck eggs, but have you tried your devices language and location settings, if these are fine you could try installing a custom rom this is a link for one campatable firmware www.eken.com/support that wil be suitable but there are many others you could try. These often allow access to app that you couldn't previously use.

hope this helps
cheers macthecat